Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: (OT) Marshall, Will and Holly... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Today, I got a belated Birthday/Christmas present -- Land of the Lost Season One on DVD. Watched a couple of shows tonight. Cornjob, how could you? You and those other two Sleestaks on the show are so mean to the Marshalls.

In other news, maybe a little more gaming related:

1) Bought Ambush! and the expansions at Black and Read in Denver yesterday -- looking forward to trying that out. (Another game on Chris Farrell's introductory wargame list checked off! Wahoo!)

2) Quite a bit of game inventory and part counting to do -- got some good thrift store stuff in the last few days. (Also a lot of stuff to photograph for the 'Geek)

3) Played the intro game to War of the Ring a couple of times since I got it for my birthday -- only whetting my appetite for the full version of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laughlaughlaugh
I read the subject line and those three names strung together awoke a very distant memory in the back of my head. Had to click on your journal entry to see what bell was ringing. I haven't thought of Land of the Lost in years! I knew Cornjob's avatar was from some kid show, but never made the connection!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DUDE!!!!! Check out the Bonus interview with the girl who played Holly and the guy who played Chaka. Holly has NOT aged well and she's a total freak! She stears every question back to her and she's rubbing up against Chaka and you can just SEE how uncomfortable he is! It's totally worth checking out. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm telling you...those kids were BAD! I think you'll have a lot more accurate picture of what was going on behind the scenes if you ignore the propoganda film that 'Land of the Lost' was, and think 'native Americans'. I don't like to play the victim card, but I'm telling you...we were in the right. The sleestaks are a highly ethical slow-ass hissing people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
War of the Ring
I recieved War of the Ring for Christmas. Did you check to see if you had all of your parts?

I was missing:

1 Silver Witch King
2 Grey Nazgul Leaders
1 Grey Elve Leader

I had seen on the geek and it turned out to be true for me, that most of the games that shipped are missing peices. It is more rare to have a game that has all the peices than it is to not......

Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Frederick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Forget not Federal Wildlife Marshal Willenholly, the character played by Will Ferrell in Kevin Smith's highly entertaining (and pop-culture reference-stuffed) Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.