GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,500 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Bedlam: The Countdown» Forums » News

Subject: complete p-n-p game posted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I uploaded the file that contains the rules and all components for this game. I was selling it a couple years ago on a print-n-play CD. I've sinced stopped making those, but I think this game is still worth playing. I'll be glad to hear any feedback on it if you get a chance to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gonzalez López
msg tools
Hello. I am Spanish and I have little idea of ​​speaking English, so sorry about the spelling errors.

I have some questions about his game, "Bedlam: The Countdown".

First do not quite understand how to calculate the final score. I have understood that it is the sum of the power points earned, the points of power that give the icons to points made ​​by the one with less money and the money is on the cards (money that is made to activate ).

I have no clear meaning of the star icon. If you do not pay its activation cost teine ​​not much difference with the exclamation icon, right?.

I am also not clear who gets the benefits of the cards that are controlled and activated by a player on the other.

Another question, what happens to the money that is put on the cards to be activated?

To get rid of a character card terms do exactly?

Does the letter characters "Media Contact, Static" removes any character card money even if another character?

With the letter "Pawn. Mimi Something-or-Other" is selected a character controlled by another player. You pay money, but who?. Then the player who controls the character tries to match the payment. But can the free activities.

Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Jennifer. I'm really glad you want to give this game a try! Thank you for checking on these questions. I will try to explain the rules, but if I misunderstood your question, I am sorry. Please ask again if necessary.

**First do not quite understand how to calculate the final score. I have understood that it is the sum of the power points earned, the points of power that give the icons to points made ​​by the one with less money and the money is on the cards (money that is made to activate ).

If I understand that last sentence right, Activation costs do not affect the score.

Find total score (called Power) by adding up all these:
Points from the chart based on matching icons on your Characters
+ Bonuses on the News Bulletins (square cards with bonus) that came up in the game
+ Power stated on your Character cards
+ Any stored Power chips that you accumulated in the game
+ 1 Power for each player who has less money than you left at the end of the game

**I have no clear meaning of the star icon. If you do not pay its activation cost teine ​​not much difference with the exclamation icon, right?.

You still have to pay the cost to activate Characters with the star. The star just means you can pay the cost at any time to do it, not just on your turn.

**I am also not clear who gets the benefits of the cards that are controlled and activated by a player on the other.

If you pay the cost, you get to use the benefit or action. If you don’t control the Character, though, you have to convince the controlling player to let you pay (so you can get the benefit).

**Another question, what happens to the money that is put on the cards to be activated?

All costs eventually go to the bank unless the Character card states otherwise. The cost first goes on the Character so you remember that you activated it. At the end of your turn, all costs that are on the Characters go to the bank.

**To get rid of a character card terms do exactly?

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean by this question.

**Does the letter characters "Media Contact, Static" removes any character card money even if another character?

Do you mean can you remove the money even from a Character someone else controls? If so, yes.

**With the letter "Pawn. Mimi Something-or-Other" is selected a character controlled by another player. You pay money, but who?. Then the player who controls the character tries to match the payment. But can the free activities.

Put simply, Mimi might let you use someone’s Character without them agreeing to let you (if they can’t or won’t pay to stop you).

Example--Say that I own Mimi and you own the Assassin. I want to activate your Assassin, but you won’t make a deal with me. So I pay 2 and activate Mimi. Following her text, I choose your Assassin as the "Character controlled by another player". I pay any amount I want to the bank. Let’s say I pay 4. Now you have to decide to pay 4 to the bank to stop me. Otherwise, I get to activate the Character I picked (your Assassin) without paying any more costs to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.