Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my color Piecepack set from Blue Panther (they are awesome!) and don't know that much about the system. I have read some stuff that mentions Piecepack cards. I was wondering if these are standard and something I should worry about getting or if it's only needed for specific games. I downloaded th 2 part PDF of the rules for various games but wow. That's a lot ot digest at once. I also just picked up 5 Treehouse sets and have a Decktet on the way. Anyone care to point me toward a favorite game using Piecepack and/or those other components?

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like abstract games, then Alien City is a great choice. It uses a few pyramids plus a piecepack set. It plays fast, is very tactical and looks great.

I also like some of the solo games available for the piecepack: http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/OnePlayerGames

Piecepacking Pirates is a pretty fun adventure game, One Man Thrag is a cool diversion about fighting monsters (kind of push your luck), Cardinal Guards is a nice puzzle and I do enjoy my own ClimbingMan (but I guess I'm biased ) it's a puzzlelike rock climbing simulation...

For more players, Piecepack Letterbox is great (at least 3 players are needed but works best with more) This one needs the Seasons expansion but it is worth it, a great party game... Also if you like the Catan card game, you may like The Colonists of Natick. These two games have won a piecepack competition...

I can't say much more because I'm not really sure what types of games you're looking for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
Every game you mentioned is one that had already caught my eye! Glad to hear they are good enough to recommend. You did forget one however that I am interested in trying out. Dungeon Builders. Ever heard of it? Thanks for the links to the solos too! That will definitely come in handy.

Kraken Fan #69
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Dungeon Builders is a game that I think is interesting in concept but which I'm not so sure about in actual play, but then I couldn't test it with 3-4 players which is where I think would work best. I'd appreciate any feedback/suggestion if you try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls