GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,842 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Claustrophobia» Forums » General

Subject: I would pay $$ for a Play-by-Web Claustrophobia - Anyone Else? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Glidden
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine you and your buddy who don't get much (any?) face-to-face gaming time could play Claustrophobia throughout your normal daily activities - every day. Imagine you could just log in / open an app / hit a web page, take your turn, and then go back to your normal business until your buddy logs in and takes his turn.

I want this so badly.

Ideally the implementation would not use Adobe Flash, as I'd like to be able to play on my phone. Something like Spielbyweb.com's games would be nice, but I'd settle for an iPad app. If I could get an Android app life would be perfect.

Man, I might even be motivated enough to learn how to make this myself (with permission from CROC, of course).

/sigh

Dreams

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Karvonen
Finland
Tampere
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy an iPad application with an online play option right away! Well, not right away, since I only get my iPad in August, but... you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CROC
France
Guyancourt
Yvelines
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Claustro on iPad would not be only a good idea, it would be a dream for me... But we have no one at Asmodee ready to produce an iPad app.

CROC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iphone app please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to play this game on my Droid! If I could get some more people to help, and permission from CROC. I would be more than willing to start working on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
biohazard wrote:
Claustro on iPad would not be only a good idea, it would be a dream for me... But we have no one at Asmodee ready to produce an iPad app.

CROC

Hire a freelancer to code. All the artwork is already done. You just need someone chained to a Mac, scribbling in XCode for a few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmglidden wrote:
Imagine you could just log in / open an app / hit a web page, take your turn, and then go back to your normal business until your buddy logs in and takes his turn.

The game mechanics might make such a game a little fiddly in that respect, I would think. Say you're the Human player, and you explore during your turn - you now have to wait until your buddy logs back on and places the new tile for you before you can continue. Also, say you have the "Our Faith Will Protect Us" card - is the Demon player now going to have to wait for your approval/veto for each event card he wants to play during his turn?

Don't get me wrong - this is a FANTASTIC game, but I'm not sure it would easily support the "play-by-post" scenario you're talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.