GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,434 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Code 777» Forums » News

Subject: Preorder for Code 777 Opens July 8th! (details inside) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello BGG friends! Please see the following news release from Stronghold Games for more details on the Code 777 preorder.

I want to point out here again that we're LIMITING preorders to just 500 copies out of respect for our retailers, so if you want to get in on that great discount and other perks please don't delay.

Stronghold Games Announces Opening of Preorders for Code 777 on July 8

New Jersey, USA and Ontario, Canada -- July 7, 2010

Stronghold Games is proud to announce the opening of the preorder program for Code 777, the highly-regarded deduction game, being produced in a 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition.

Preorder customers will receive a discount of 35% off MSRP as well a guarantee that preordered games will ship before retail games are shipped.

In an important change from traditional preorder programs, Stronghold Games only opens a preorder once the game itself has been produced and shipped from the production facility. In this way, it is much easier to control for delays as the game is already on its way to the warehouse for processing and shipping to preorder customers. Stronghold Games is proud to pioneer this important change in the game industry.

Customers interested in placing a preorder for Code 777 should act quickly, as preorders are limited to just 500 copies before preordering closes. Preorders will be accepted starting on July 8 and will end after 4-6 weeks, at which time we will ship Code 777 to our preorder customers. Shipments to distributors and retailers will only begin after shipment of games to our preorder customers.

Preorders for Code 777 can be placed at www.stronghold-games.com starting on July 8th.

About Code 777

Crack your code first! You can see your opponents' codes but not your own. Using questions and logic, try to deduce which three numbers are hidden in front of you. Once you're reasonably sure, then you can take a guess. But if you're wrong, you have to start over with a fresh set of tiles...

This deluxe edition of Code 777™ has been expanded to allow for up to 5 players (from the previous 4 player editions). All of the components have been upgraded to the highest-quality levels. And our Code 777™ is also the first edition to be colorblind friendly! Stronghold Games is proud to bring this great deduction game back into print by popular demand after being unavailable for over 10 years worldwide.

About Stronghold Games LLC:

Stronghold Games LLC is a publisher of high-quality board games and card games within the designer game industry. Stronghold Games is scheduled to release Code 777 and Confusion: Espionage and Deception in the Cold War, and Survive: Escape from Atlantis! in Q3 and Q4 of 2010. Stronghold Games LLC is a Limited Liability Company formed in the State of Delaware, USA.

Stephen Buonocore, Managing Director
Stephen@Stronghold-Games.com

Kevin Nesbitt, Managing Director
Kevin@Stronghold-Games.com

Phone: +1-908-304-5711
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin, I wish you and your company all the best. I enjoyed hearing you on the D6G podcast. To show my support I will pre-order Code 777. I rarely pre-order but I think this is the best way I can support your new endeavor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a difference between pre-order and non-pre-order copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:
Kevin, I wish you and your company all the best. I enjoyed hearing you on the D6G podcast. To show my support I will pre-order Code 777. I rarely pre-order but I think this is the best way I can support your new endeavor.

Daniel, thank you very much. We're very grateful to our preorder customers and proud to count you as one of them.

We are "changing the rules" of the status-quo preorder system by producing the game first and then offering it for preorder. Some might say "Well, it doesn't matter if I preorder, because the game is getting made regardless".

This is true, the game is made regardless, but by showing your preorder support you help to create the *next* game from our company. Essentially we believe enough in our games to produce them without prior preorder support, and we hope that you have enough faith in our choices to help us produce the *next* game.

We're planning on picking 3-5 random people who preorder Code 777 and naming them in the rulebook of our next game under the "Special Thanks to" section. This helps to connect the idea that your preorder support makes other games possible. If people like this idea, then we will keep using it and connect our very first game to our 100th game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbuckingham wrote:
Will there be a difference between pre-order and non-pre-order copies?

No there will be no difference other than the perks that you receive from being a preorder customer. We appreciate all our customers, and wouldn't want to provide a person who buys it from a store shelf with anything less than what our preorder customer receives.

However, we're hoping the perks you receive for preordering make it a tempting offer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:

This is true, the game is made regardless, but by showing your preorder support you help to create the *next* game from our company. Essentially we believe enough in our games to produce them without prior preorder support, and we hope that you have enough faith in our choices to help us produce the *next* game.

Now that you mention it, I am looking forward to pre-ordering the *next* game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well then, Daniel, we thank you very much (twice!). You're going to love the products that you receive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The preorder window is now OPEN! Come and pick up a brand new 25th Anniversary edition of Code 777 for just a bit over $22!!!

Okay, we're early by several minutes, but we're excited!

Head on over to www.stronghold-games.com and click on the store to preorder!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Order placed (Order # 14). I did notice that pick up at Essen was the default shipping method which caused me a little confusion (what I mean by that is I was not paying attention and had to go back and change my shipping method).

I curious about what changes were made to handle a 5th player beyond just an additional stand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preorder #16. Woohoo!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#17 here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:
Order placed (Order # 14). I did notice that pick up at Essen was the default shipping method which caused me a little confusion (what I mean by that is I was not paying attention and had to go back and change my shipping method).

I curious about what changes were made to handle a 5th player beyond just an additional stand?

Thanks for pointing out the default shipping issue. We'll get that fixed shortly. Otherwise several people might have to explain to their significant others why they suddenly have to go to Essen.

Hey wait, maybe I *shouldn't* change this?

In answer to your question: The 5th player addition is indeed a 5th player rack. However, adding the 5th player opens up some new possibilities down the road (as well as a 5th player to the game immediately). I'll have to leave it at that for now though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:

That's one of the cooler websites I've seen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how is it going? Are you getting good number of pre-orders? Shipment sitting in Customs? (It seems like that happens with every game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to start a new thread, but I am still wondering how it is going. Everything going as planned? Customs checking to see if Code 777 is an evil plot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, boy did they answer my question. They sent out an email which even included a link that tracks the ship to America. The Boat is scheduled to arrive today in a port in Savanna Georgia. Good news is they ship out of a warehouse in Norcross, GA. Which is only a few minutes from my house. So, when it ships it should not be long at all before I get my copy.

Thanks for the update.

Here is some of that email:

Quote:
Stronghold Games told you... We will always keep our customers informed!

So, how informed do you want to be? How about this for complete information on the travels of Code 777 from the factory to our warehouse...

Code 777 has been floating its way over across the Pacific for the past month. It started its journey from the factory in Hong Kong on July 8, which is the date we opened our preorder window.

Code 777 is being carried by the shipping lines CMA CGM, and the games are on their ship "White Shark" (cool name, 'eh?).

The CMA CGM White Shark will make port in Savannah, Georgia on Thursday, August 12. Our cargo container full of Code 777 will be unloaded there. The shipment must then clear customs, which is always a wild card, but we have all of our papers in order for a smooth clearance through customs, of course.

Code 777 will then be moved via rail to Atlanta, Georgia, and then via truck to Norcross, Georgia, where our warehouse is located.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.