GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,406 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Jake Vreeland
United States
Bedminster
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, yes, I know, the last time I had a call-to-arms for playtesters a million of you e-mailed me and I ended up never sending the game out. Sorry about that, but I promise to make it up to you this time.

In this pnp game, which is yet unnamed, you play either solo or co-op as 3 heroes Warrior, Thief, Sorcerer), and play across a campaign of 13 "adventures." Each "adventure" consists of a full color, fully textured grid map. The maps each have a number of "encounter" spaces, where you randomly place face-down chits from a pool specially formed based on your heroes' current "level." As you enter each room (or outdoor space, or whatever) you reveal the chits and do combat. Some chits are enemies, some are treasure bags (there are several tables to roll for treasure as per level) and some are "dummy" chits, that you discard. Combat, disabling traps and locks, magic use, etc is based on "action dice," where your stats inform you how many dice you roll, and each die roll of a 4,5, or 6 is a "success." Enemy movement/combat is simple, with each enemy character given a strict set of rules for how the player must move him and how he must attack the player's heroes. The "adventures" link together to form a plot based around purging a evil presence.

This game draws much inspiration from such solo romps as Ambush!, Runebound, and Intruder, as well as games such as Descent, Heroquest, and Dungeons & Dragons.

Anyone interested in having a run through the first few adventures with the complete set of rules, send me a pm and I will link you to the file! Also, please help me name this project! Feedback needed for this game, please(I will include a survey form)!

-Jake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Vreeland
United States
Bedminster
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops also should have noted: please include an email address, it will make it quicker for me to send out the betas. To those of you who already GM'ed me, don't worry about it I'll just send it to your GM.

-Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Vreeland
United States
Bedminster
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Betas go out to playtesters Friday! Anyone else who wants to get on board you have until then!

-Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Eveninger
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
Some links? Files? Where to read?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
castiglione
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sounds pretty interesting; I'm kind of swamped with my own personal projects so I can't offer my services as play-tester but I do look forward to getting my hands on the final product!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Vreeland
United States
Bedminster
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beta links are out! Have fun!

(GM me if you didn't get the link for some reason)

-Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.