GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,442 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Infinite City» Forums » General

Subject: Required Table Space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb Frazier
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As I've been looking into this game more and more and I briefly scanned the forums and info, what is the required table space for this game? I find that this actually has relevance on whether or not I pick up a game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the time you could easily get by on a 2' x 2' table. An occasional game might stretch one way ot the other and make you need more room, though you could just say that you have to play on the table as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mead
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just mount an Arkham Horror or Railways of the World board with table legs, and then you can accomodate any game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hill
msg tools
We play to table size now as a house rule - it saves shifting a big mass of tiles - the house rule being "if you can balance it you can place it!"

Most of the time we play on a 3 foot wide table and very rarely encounter problems of that kind especially if you have less than 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Keith
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
We play with the same house rule. :) In theory you should be able to play infinitely in any particular direction, but in practical terms those who have posted above are correct, and the house rule forcing conformity to table size really does not seriously muck up strategies the way it would for something like Carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Gross
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will also echo the table determines the spread of the game. We even play with slight gaps in the tiles (similar to Forbidden Island) to help with moving, flipping, etc.) and have never had someone who felt they were cheated by running out of room on one side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another tip I just discovered: playing on a tablecloth is easier than playing on a bare table. The tiles easily slide around on a bare tabletop.

Have you ever seen those green tablecloths used for playing poker? They have a felt-like texture and are awesome for keeping tiles in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.