Subject: Early heavy damage, retreats, repair, counter attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Tullsen
United States
flag msg tools
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!

All setup and ready to play.

Each ship starts in it's own starting spot.

I have my starting ship, my deck is shuffled, my energy counters are ready, my hull counter is set.

We decided to use the "tournament standard" skeleton complement rules, so we each have a set of 3 equip cards down. I have an attack one, a repair one, and one where I can get more energy.

With my starting hand, I have some good cards. No need to spend actions drawing this turn. 3 cards face down.

(The tiers go from right to left) I have a movement planned, then I launch missiles, then my drones deploy.

My opponent has other plans. He has priority, so he takes his first action, Decompression! With his 3 attack cards equipped he gets a lot of pluses and bonuses. I drop from full health to 8 health in his first action.

Yup, I figured that would happen, and I move away. Sure enough, his second card is an attack, and I would have died then.

I launch my missiles, and deploy my drones, as he didn't move.

I get parked behind the planet, and his ship (move 2) tries to catch me, while I start deploying drones and repairing. He can't attack me without special cards, and I use a few special attack cards to attack from behind the planet to take down a few more health of his.

As he creeps closer, I suddenly move my drones in for the kill, and use a couple of attack cards on him, and his ship goes down in a blaze.

Game end, the U.S.P.V. INFERNO is victorious!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon T
msg tools
Funny, the space bull dozier as a game piece.

I have rarely seen the Inferno-class victorious in battle, but after looking at all the ships, it's strength is in its support craft and high energy counters, especially if you can manage to use Nuclear Detonation as it is the only attack card that isn't linked to the ship's attack strength.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.