GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,854 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blood God vs Pistoliers question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ellison
msg tools
mb
Until a few days ago, I thought I understood the sequence of actions in this game. However...

Suppose Blood for the Blood God is played against Pistoliers (in the battlefield). Pistoliers moves to the kingdom in response. Since BftBG's action (which includes targeting) resolves after Pistoliers moves, can BftBG target a different battlefield unit instead? Or does Pistoliers remain targeted, since they were in the battlefield when the target was originally declared? Or does BftBG simply fizzle?

For reference:
Blood for the Blood God (Tactic). Action: choose a target unit in any battlefield. Deal Damage to that unit equal to its power.

Pistoliers (Unit). Action: Spend 1 resource to move this unit from its current zone to another of your zones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As "Blood for the Blood God" starts a "Last in, First out" stack, and the Pistoliers action is put ontop of BftBG, I would say that although the Pistoliers are targeted they become an illegal target when moving to the Kingdom and therefore the effect of BftBG simply vanishes as the targeted unit isn't legal anymore and choosing a new target is not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Du Rietz
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Marius is indeed correct!

When taking targeting actions, this general sequence solves most issues:

1) Target
2) Pay Cost
3) Counter-Action (also possible to do by opponent)
___a) Target
___b) Pay Cost
___c) Counter-Action
______[...]
___d) Resolve
4) Resolve

As you can see the the targeting of the first action is made first. If that target is made illegal by a counter-action (which you can see resolves first) the action fizzles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ellison
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies! I also found the relevant section in the official FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.