GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,974 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: CCAncients.net upgrade - TAGS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
I'm planning and upgrade on CCAncients.net website to add "TAGS feature" on every map/scenario article.
That way it should be easier to surf on the website and moreover faster to find out desired map.

First of all I thought about creating a tag for Victory Banner (4 to 8 for standard scenario and more for Epic ones).
Furthermore it could be useful to group scenarios by "involved Armies" (i.e. "Barbarian", "Greek", Carthaginian", etc.).
Again we can add a tag for a specific Leader (i.e. "Caesar", "Alexander", "Hannibal", etc.).
We can also add a tag to describe terrain (i.e. "plain terrain", "hills", "forest", "river", etc.).
Or even a tag to identify the presence or absence of "Special Rules" (i.e. "No Special Rule")

These are only ideas and I would like to share with you all to improve and refine them with your help.
I hope to hear your suggestions to grow CCAncients.net website better and better.

Thank you
Alessandro - CCAncients.net Admin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be more subjective, but what about a tag for "balanced scenarios"?

You know, the kind where both sides have about the same number of leaders and the same sized hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin,
thank you for your suggestion.
I totally share it.
We could start listing all of them. Do you have a brief list of "balanced scenarios" based on your plays?
Alessandro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
I've started TAG-ing scenarios from:
- BASE GAME
- EXP 1
- EXP 2
- EXP 3

You can see the result selecting TAG SEARCH on CCAncients.net Main Menu (on the left).
Please let me know your thoughts about this "partial result".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan schnake
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
That's too much dough unless it's murder. And if it's murder, it's not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice web site dedicated to Ancients. V. cool.

I'll look for this on the site, but my biggest gripe with the system is the unbalanced scenarios. I'm okay with the idea, but it would be nice if the winning conditions were actually altered to compensate... one player starts with 2 VP or whatever.

It seems weird that a system that is so good at providing a fast-paced, wargame experience makes you play the same scenario twice to get any sort of feel for who won. Ancients improves upon issues I had with BattleLore and Memoir 44, but this one issue remains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I've TAG-ed scenarios from:
- EXP 4

Do you mind me to TAG also Epic scenarios?
Any ideas about balanced/unbalanced scenario listing (to start tag-ing it)?
Please, let me know.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'll look for this on the site, but my biggest gripe with the system is the unbalanced scenarios.

The scenarios I made were designed to be as balanced as possible given the framework of the actual battles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.