Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Ogre Programming take 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on range
The priority of enemies changes depends on range. For example if a howitzer is out of range it would have quite a low immediate priority. If it is in range, it would be fair to say that it would be quite near the top meeple

There was an excellent computer version of Ogre available for the Amiga many years ago (I'm talking 1986 or 1987 here). It came with two manuals one of which explained how the AI worked - quite a fascinating read. The Amiga and the manual belonged to one of my housemates of the time, so I am afraid I don't actually have it, but I remember being very impressed with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Those pesky G.E.V.s 'coz they can move out of range of all but the longest Ogre guns w/ their second impulse
2. Howitzers-Given that they die quickly, really no difference between mobile and stationary.

These are based on 'classic Ogre/G.E.V.' not familiar w/ the lasers and nuke missles.

Basically, there are two main factors to determining threat level:
a) range of attack (e.g. can weapon attack at longer range than Ogre
b) how many shots and expected damage weapon can do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.