GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,255 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
759 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: KBSG 89.5: The Quiet Storm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, after the loss of two players, the curtain fell on The Opera House for intermission, never to rise again. But even if the show doesn't go on, it can at least be recast. As such, we now bring you to frequency 89.5 on your radio dial and the soft stylings of KBSG, "The Quiet Storm," Tauron's #1 station for smooth jazz and robot genocide.

This is a reboot of game 89, and will keep to the same structure: a Pegasus game with 6 players, traveling toward the Kobol destination. The crew will include five players from the end of the previous game, and one more that will come from the list.

Gorsh
feelingzwontfade
croak
Darth Servo
balloonmaster

Thecheese?

Most of you have heard this spiel before, but it's pledge-drive time, so you'll all have to hear it again: All players must subscribe to this thread and check it at least once per day. More is better - if everyone can stop in twice a day or more, so much the better. If you can't (and even if you can), please feel free to submit Conditional Orders (COs). COs help the game keep moving and make it that much more likely that something interesting will have happened by the time you check back in.

COs are also very important if you intend to play an interrupt card (usually Strategic Planning or Calculations) to help the Cylon cause, or if you intend to use or consider using your character's Once-Per-Game ability (OPG). I won't be pausing to check for these things, so the onus is on you to raise your hand.

When posting, please put your official game actions in bold and in-character banter in italics; generic game discussion is just plain text. Also, try to include a character image in your posts, or at least your character's banner, so that it's easy to follow who's saying what. There is an excellent gallery here.

If there's anything I've missed, it's probably covered in the Tips & Tricks, so page through that and you'll all do fine. In the meantime, we'll try to find a sixth player, and then begin character selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Tomlinson
United States
California
flag msg tools
YAY!!! I'm ready!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Shackelford
United States
Choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ready to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helo here!

Oh wait, that might change

Anyway, feelingzwontfade is ready for action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Teakle
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not-Ellen reporting in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The artist formerly known as Caprica Six will play in this radio too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a day since I messaged Thecheese, so that's probably a no-go. I have a couple other invites out to Tunculin and Kilhara, plus TerminusEst (one of my players from 42) was willing to step in for Starbuck earlier, so he might be game for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Strahler
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll play. I'll be traveling on business Monday and Tuesday. I'll try and check in as Monday night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, newcomer

Let's get this started, mod laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, let's get this show on the road! The player order is:

balloonmaster
croak
Gorsh
Darth Servo
feelingzwontfade
Kilhara

Gregory, go ahead and post your choice of any character once you've chosen. Everyone else can decide in turn or send COs to cover their options. Also, everyone else should either post their choice of starting skill cards, or send COs if you think your decison will be dependent on your Loyalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Tomlinson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ok, I totally hate going first, but this wasn't too difficult. I have only two characters I haven't played, and never get the chance.

Therefore, I shall choose the Pattern Seeking Seer, and planner of destiny.

Sorry, Gorsh, for taking your leader! But I choose Leoben Conoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, Leoben, a.k.a. the Solution to Perfect Card-Counting. cool Care to draw your agenda now? Pick a number, one to six...

croak, you have your choice of any human character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, this will be fun. I've only played one game with Leoben, and that was back when I didn't completely understand the rules to BSG . But ugh, fifth, I fear I won't be known as Helo anymore .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Left a CO with my choice, now that I can't be a two-headed shifty cylon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sending David a Geekmail reminder. It's the weekend, so not entirely surprising if other stuff is going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Teakle
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry all, weekends seem to rush by and my mind was on other things...

As I've never seen her played before...

Louanne "Cokehead" "Kat" Katraine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A misterious blonde woman passes the microphone to Sagittaron's representative, Mr. Tom Zarek, and then slips between the crowds...

"Citizens of the Fleet, fellow human beings. You've seen me fight for our freedom at all costs. The machines are what they are because of their lack of will, because they are programmed. Trust me, and I will make sure not only that we survive, but also that we are worthy of surviving as a free society."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
croak wrote:
As I've never seen her played before...

Ya know, I was thinking about playing her soon for that exact reason.

Bruce, you have any Military or Support characters to choose from.

Kat and Mr. Zarek, you get three cards to start with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Shackelford
United States
Choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the late response but, in my defense, BGG went off-line last night just as I was about to post. Anyway, in keeping with the pattern of choosing characters not in 89...

I will choose Helena Cain, I will start in Pegasus CIC and my opening hand will be 1 Leadership and 2 Tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Alamillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent a ridiculously long CO with my character choice since I really could not decide who to be, but it looks like I was faster than the mod anyway... I, however, will not be following the pattern of choosing characters not in 89

I'll take President Gaius F. Baltar, starting with 2 Politics and 1 Leadership.

Citizens of the 12 Colonies, this is your newly elected President, Gaius F. Baltar. I promise you all that I will defend this fleet from the Cylon threat in every way I can.

Here is to hoping everything you and the Leoben say about their One True God and destiny is not just a bunch of foolish nonsense...

Gaius... why do you still doubt? Look at you now, President of the Twelve Colonies... your destiny has always been to lead the human fleet, it's God's divine plan for you.

Right, right, "God"'s divine plan, of course.

Don't make me angry Gaius, just submit to God's divine love, and you really will lead all of humanity to its destination... be that good or bad, it's all up to the One True God

Right, yes... yes...

Doctor!!

Oh right right right... wait how am I supposed to take you seriously if you... nevermind. Ahem, yes back to um... politics...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That leaves Heather with any remaining non-Political character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Teakle
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kat

My initial card draw will be:

1 Leadership
1 Tactics
1 Piloting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Tomlinson
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am noticing you guys are a little light on blues, in case heather would like to pick someone with blue. But Baltar gets blue, so he can cover too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mr. Zarek will have one of each possible card type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
balloonmaster wrote:
I am noticing you guys are a little light on blues, in case heather would like to pick someone with blue. But Baltar gets blue, so he can cover too.

A backup pilot wouldn't hurt us either... Kat can be quite devastating in cylon-y hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.