GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
17 Days Left
Kansas City [Platte City]
My son is crazy about railroads, and has plenty of fun playing the game with these rules:
* Start with a town tile with two cubes on it. All trains start here.
* Each turn, you may draw and place a tile, *or* move your train.
* Tiles are placed such that rails don't run into grass.
-- Advanced rules: play in accordance with the rules, such that you can only extend outwards from the connected rail net. (It took a few playings to get to this point.)
* When you place a town tile, the placing player gets to draw out two cargo cubes. (Without looking in the bag!)
* Trains can move any distance but may not reverse movement.
-- Advanced rules: Someday we'll work the steam points in.
* Trains can only pick up cargo where they start, and must deliver to another city of the correct color.
* Scoring: Scoring? We're making a railroad layout. Win!
-- Eventually we'll move to the notion of scoring.