GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion – Assault on Ulthuan» Forums » General

Subject: Which battlepack to get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Taylor
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
So i'm going to be picking this up sometime in the near future to get myself a High Elf deck going(my buddy has the core set so hopefully I can make some trades with him to get some of the High Elves out of that) and I want to pick up a battlepack as well. Which do you more experienced players suggest? I was thinking of getting Tooth and Claw for the Dragon Mage, but i'm also thinking Deathmaster's Dance might be good for the Silver Helms and the other two High Elf cards in it.

So what do you folks suggest? I haven't looked to see what neutral cards are in either pack yet, so those haven't had any effect on my choices.

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick 'em all up if you want to have enough cards for functional decks. I'd also guess that you won't get much in the way of trade action from your friend as there isn't a whole ton of extra Elf cards to be had in the Core Set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Taylor
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Well i'm starting small since i'm limited funds, so one pack is enough for right now I think.

I'm not expecting a whole bunch of stuff, but just some. I don't know if he has any of the battlepacks, but if he does then he might have some extra High Elves laying around from those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Elves you say? Tooth & Claw only has 2 HElf cards, since both Gifts and Dragonmage are 1x, so that's kind of a bummer. If only getting one BP for HElves, I'd probably grab Arcane Fire, it gives you 7 cards, though the unit (3x) is standard weak-stuff that most HElf units sadly are (1P, 3HP). But Charge of the Silver Helms and their Epic Spell are very nice. Path of the Zealot has the Repeater Bolt Thrower and Vaul's Unmaking (for Choppa and DElf attachment removal) and some Neutrals you might add to your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Taylor
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Hmmm, Path does look like it has some nice stuff in it. I'm also going to be trying my hand with Chaos later down the line, so Chaos and destruction only cards aren't too big a problem. But looking over the card list i'm thinking I may go with Arcane Fire. That epic spell is just brutal if you can play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.