GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Cyclades» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple movement of ships/fleets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if fleets/ships may move more than three spaces in one turn, provided each movement is paid for with one gold? Or is three spaces a hard limit per turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have enough gold, you can move as many fleets as far as you want.

The only hard limit with Poseidon is that you cannot gain more than four fleets in one turn (one free one and three that you purchase). No matter how rich you may be.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additional question of fleet movement.... if I pay 1 GP to move 3 spaces and come across an enemy fleet I must battle... is my movement for that GP done, or can I finish out the 3 moves?

The rules say:

"If Fleets enter a space occupied by enemy Fleets, their movement ends and a naval battle begins immediately."

So, my interpretation is if you win the battle you can't continue if you only had moved 1 or 2. My son thinks he can continue.

Also... is fleet movement different with the Slyph? You can move your fleets 10 spaces? Does this stop when you encounter an enemy fleet. We thought not because it says you can move your fleets a total of 10.

Thanks for any insights.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your interpretations are correct:

If you move using Poseidon and encounter (an) enemy fleet(s), regardless of how many of your 3 spaces you've moved, you have used all of your movement for that 1 GP. You must stop and battle.

For Sylph, you are allowed to continue moving after encountering other fleets. You must stop to battle any enemy fleets you come in contact with, but after the battle you can resume moving, assuming you have any of the 10 space allocation remaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andy...

I really enjoy this game and can't wait to get in more plays.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Stevens
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Games: Design 'em, rewrite 'em, play 'em!
mbmbmbmbmb
So can you only move one "stack"? i.e. you can pick up and drop of on the way but there is only one contiguous move, not "move 1 ship here one space then move those two ships over there 2 spaces". Is that the same for the Sylph?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's one of the main differences with the Sylph.

With Zeus, you can only move one "stack". With the sylph, you can move every single one of your stacks or individual ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
FabienC wrote:
That's one of the main differences with the Sylph.

With Zeus, you can only move one "stack". With the sylph, you can move every single one of your stacks or individual ship.

*coughs*Poseidon*coughs*

=-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops, sorry, I was typing too fast.

I meant Poseidon, of course.

Thanks for catching that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Just got this and rule reading at the moment so havn't played and may be jumping the gun but...

Can I move say a ship or ships occupying a single space two spaces and then with the final movement action choose another ship say on the other side of the board completely away from the first ships and move it one space using up the last action movement?

Thanks
Baz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bazmondo123 wrote:
Can I move say a ship or ships occupying a single space two spaces and then with the final movement action choose another ship say on the other side of the board completely away from the first ships and move it one space using up the last action movement?

That would cost you another coin. Each payment that you make is for one "stack" of ships. You can pick up and drop off ships, but it has to be one fluid movement. You can't send ships from one "stack" off in different directions either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.