GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,950 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules to this game and can't see what makes it 3-4 players only. It seems it could work with 2. Has anyone tried it? Are there obvious problems when playing with 2?

If so, maybe it'd be possible to add some house rules for a better 2 player experience?

I think I'd really enjoy this game as I love how you play your monster but also the humans as opposition to other player's monsters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only 2 things that would need to be changed to make it work with 2 players would be

1. Limit the number of Action Disks Available each turn (or play a 4 player game and have each player remove 2 disks at a time, one to use and one to discard).
2. Limit the number of playable cities (i.e. 8 instead of 12), or at least limit the number of Damage cubes that can go in each city (i.e. 6 versus 8).

Come to think about it, you could play with all 12 cities, but only give each player 4 at the beginning of the game, leaving 4 "neutral" cities,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Looking around the net to try and find a copy I found this variant on a french forum:

http://www.trictrac.net/jeux/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75630&pos...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

maka wrote:
Thanks. Looking around the net to try and find a copy I found this variant on a french forum:

http://www.trictrac.net/jeux/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75630&pos...

can anyone translate this?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Google translate does a good job i think: http://translate.google.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok here's a rough translation:

Moonga: The Duel

- The game lasts 8 turns
- Sydney, Delhi and Cairo are not used and 1 movement point is needed to move between Rome and Tokyo
- Each player gets 3 cities secretly
- Determine the first player for the first round randomly
- During the game, the player that passes first will take the first player marker and will be first player next round.

Start of turn token placement:

Create/Heal: 5 (10 on the first turn)
Attack: Turn 1: 2, Turn 2: 3. From then on, same as turn number
Move/Hide: 1
Heroes: 1
Military I: 1 infantry
Military II: None

Other actions: Turn 1: Roll 2 dice, Turn 2: 2, Turn 3: 3, Turn 4:3, Turn 5:6, Turn 6:7, Turn 7: 9, Turn 8: 11

Scoring:

No change for secret cities.

For damage inflicted on cities: The player that made the most damage in a city scores 4 points. The other player gets no points. In case of a tie, no one scores.

If a player ties with the neutral black damage cubes, he gets 2 points and the other player no points.

If the neutral damage is the greatest, then the first player after that gets 1 point, but again no points if he's tied with the other player.

Drakoors work the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, as I haven't actually tried the game, I'd appreciate any insight about this variant, thoughts, how people that have played think it may work, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jorge,

many thanks for the translation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.