GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Axis and Allies + Railroad Tycoon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Y.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I was playing Railroad Tycoon one day, taking in the glory of the hexes, when all of a sudden, it hit me. "I should play Axis and Allies on this board!" I think it'd work, use the cities' values for IPC income giving you the ability for more maneuvering. Has anyone tried this before? I'd really like to try this idea myself, but I've not got my copy of Railroad Tycoon with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about you combining the two games - full out warfare while the trains keep on rollin'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Y.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
That's tempting too, you could build trains so your troops could get to the front lines faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you could have rolls to see if you get into enemy controlled areas safely and ways to sabotage track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Y.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I was thinking more along the lines of being able to sabotage or capture your opponents railways, you could also use it to form a zone of supply of sorts.

I'm not a wargamer, but I've always wanted to get into the hobby. I might get one of my friends into it with this idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.