Derek Whaley
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
Alright, so after an overwhelming negative vote on my idea followed by a rather unexpected sidetrack, I've decided to go with my original idea. Decipher's last cardlist was done by dark side then light side and in alphabetical order of card type and then card name. Period.

Since I am first and foremost a collector, many years ago I followed this same organizational structure for my card binder but further separated the cards chronologically by expansion release date so the cards for each expansion could be grouped together. Since collectible numbers follow expansion releases rather than entire releases, I feel this organizational structure would be the most logical. It closely follows Decipher's original cardlist structure while separating the cards out into expansions. It further groups the cards alphabetically by card type and then name so no further rules are required to organize.

To structure this, I am planning to have the expansions run chronologically except for the Premium cards and the foil cards. Premium cards will be all together (all cards with the Asteroid symbol) like an actual 100-card expansion and follow the same structure as a normal expansion except abbreviations for the card's promo expansion will be placed beside the rarity symbol (which are all Ps). Reflections II and Reflections III premium cards will be treated like an actual expansion in chronological order with the rest of the expansions. Foil cards (except Endor) will be at the end of the cardlist in expansion release order (Reflections, RII, RIII, Tournament Foils) with foil rarities noted.

There is only one non-playable card I am putting into the mix and that is an oversized Premium card released for Reflections II (but with the Asteroid symbol) called "Mara Jade, Corran Horn & Talon Karrde". All other non-playable cards depict actual cards but this one was made specifically for an event and never reproduced in standard-size. I feel its inclusion on the list is necessitated since it depicts a unique card and it has an official expansion symbol on it.

I've already started on this list. Premiere, ANH, Reflections II, RIII, Premiums, and the foils are all done. The numbering system is rather basic: it just follows the alphabetical listing for each expansion. I feel that that will content the majority of you and provide a firm basis for organizing SWCCG collections in a relatively logical way.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.