GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Panel of five libertarians mostly agree on these issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you suddenly develop a crush on Stossel or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm..
McGraw-Hill closed at 35.39. That's pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
In social issues, not all that different on many liberals here. Where the disagreements come is in the particulars of what economic freedom means: Your typical libertarian finds a single mom with 3 kids and a minimum wage job to be relatively free economically, while the liberal finds her to be in chains.

For a libertarian, low taxes and low regulations means that there is high economic freedom. A liberal finds that the richer one is, the more economic freedom he has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:

With that 'stach, how can you not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:

I'm watching 26 episodes in a row at Hulu.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
... a single mom with 3 kids ... the liberal finds her to be in chains.

Yes, but there is power in numbers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
perfalbion wrote:

So your answer's yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
perfalbion wrote:

So your answer's yes?

Yes. He's better than Beck! No crying, few Hitler references, and he doesn't put a religious spin on things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
ClickPanic1 wrote:
Libertarians is kids in college how hasn't lerned yet abowt the way thangs realy is but they is good on economic but letting commys get thier way on other thangs. Liberals just is bad for America on all idea.

Please note-
Most conservatives that I know are fluent in English and are proficient spellers.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ClickPanic1 wrote:
Libertarians is kids in college how hasn't lerned yet abowt the way thangs realy is but they is good on economic but letting commys get thier way on other thangs. Liberals just is bad for America on all idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
ClickPanic1 wrote:

Try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
ClickPanic1 wrote:

Dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fortune
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Stare into my eyes and feel the irresistible urge to check out my profile overpowering you...
mbmbmbmbmb
The woman saying at 7:25 that "This is my skin. Everything beneath this skin belongs to me" got it wrong. The government has a constitutional duty to protect the lives of its citizens. If she happens to harbor another person's life beneath her skin, she does not have the legal right to get rid of that life, only under special circumstances strictly monitored by doctors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortune wrote:
The government has a constitutional duty to protect the lives of its citizens.

Until you have a birth certificate, you are not a citizen and can't get a social security number. Sounds like you are not recognized as a "life".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fortune
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Stare into my eyes and feel the irresistible urge to check out my profile overpowering you...
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Fortune wrote:

Until you have a birth certificate, you are not a citizen and can't get a social security number. Sounds like you are not recognized as a "life".

That's a very limited view of life, and even if it was true (which it is not, since life starts with conception), a fetus is recognized by law as a person too, so it has the right to live too on the condition of being born alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortune wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
Fortune wrote:

That's a very limited view of life, and even if it was true (which it is not), a fetus is recognized by law as a person too, so it has the right to live too on the condition of being born alive.

Not in all the states. The only federal protected law that covers the fetus is the Born-Alive Infant Protection Act which states only if a fetus is born alive "after" and abortion. "Fetuscide" is only covered by federal law under the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, and doesn't cover crimes committed that can be prosecuted at the state level...such as murder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ClickPanic1 wrote:
Quote:

If we didnt has FDR with his commy and quoir law as president than we woodnt has social security number that people cood use as arguemint.

Game set match!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fortune
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Not in all the states. The only federal protected law that covers the fetus is the Born-Alive Infant Protection Act which states only if a fetus is born alive "after" and abortion. "Fetuscide" is only covered by federal law under the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, and doesn't cover crimes committed that can be prosecuted at the state level...such as murder.

That's legal positivism, I'm talking about natural law though. Just because an U.S. state doesn't recognize it, doesn't mean it's not "covered" by basic human rights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortune wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

That's legal positivism, I'm talking about natural law though. Just because an U.S. state doesn't recognize it, doesn't mean it's not "covered" by basic human rights.

You used "constitutionally" and not natural law, so I am addressing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fortune
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even the U.S. Constitution was based upon the principles of natural law. And no, natural law is not a religious dogma, unless you say that the theory of basic human rights is a religious dogma too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Libertarians: pro-choice, pro-immigration, pro-gay marriage?

I must be libertarian!

Oh, wait. No. No, I'm not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corross wrote:
Libertarians: pro-choice, pro-immigration, pro-gay marriage?

I must be libertarian!

Oh, wait. No. No, I'm not.

...yet. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MWChapel wrote:
You used "constitutionally" and not natural law, so I am addressing that.

He may well have been talking about other constitutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
ClickPanic1 wrote:

If we didnt has FDR with his commy and quoir law as president than we woodnt has social security number that people cood use as arguemint.

I like this guy. I'm gonna call him Jumbly Words. Hi, Jumbly Words!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.