Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Senjutsu OOP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been on the fence about picking this game up for some time now. One of my local game stores has copies in stock and GameSurplus and FairPlay Games both have copies as well. However the website for the game has been down for a while and I know Boulder Games used to stock this game but hasn't had it in stock for several months at least. I know the story behind this game was basically two brothers who owned a plastics fabricating company (hense the pieces) put this game together and self published/distributed it for a while. I wonder if they called it quits. Anyone have any info? Maybe this is the time to pick up a copy of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine for Christmas...

Haven't played yet, but its quite attractive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Senjutsu
It's really not a bad game. I have played a couple times. The rules are pretty straight forward (and most are printed right on the board!) and there are lots of interesting strategies to try. It is of course a Stratego varient but there are enough new ideas to keep it all interesting and there is a lot more to this game than you find in StrategoThe cards add a bit of a random element to the game but are not unbalancing. The plastic pieces are nice and stack well. It's fast to teach and quick to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
I got it for Christmas too, so it can't be that hard to find...yet. I really like it, but it DOES seem like a "try before you buy" game. There are certain aspects that might rub someone the wrong way: the turns are a bit fiddly and the action cards might inject too much randomness for your taste.

It absoulutely looks and feels great. Be warned that you'll have to apply a ton of stickers on the pieces when you first get it...and make sure you do it in the correct orientation (read the manual!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Wechner
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is OOP?
Forgive my ignorance, but what is OOP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OOP?
Quote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is OOP?

It stands for Out of Print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.