GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,608 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow Talisman fans,

I have my new "The Highland" expansion. I will refrain from writing a review because Jim already did a good job of that:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/535521/overview-from-a-l...

However, I would like to see if any other "The Highland" owners have some of the same problems I do:

My game board was torn/ripped. The third section (one with Eyrie space) has torn away from the middle section. Not badly, but enough to get noticed right away when I opened the box for the first time. This could have happened during shipping with a sudden impact, but my box shows no signs of trauma.

Some of my game cards are horribly cut. So much so, they are marked cards from any distance. Meaning, they are just short of useless, but even more, look bad. The good and bad of it is that its just a few cards.

While still on the subject, as for the figures that came with my game, they are not leaning backward like Justin's figures, but instead, lean forward. The Sprite leans so far forward she can almost touch the ground.

surprise I'll will try to take and post some pictures for others to see.

[Edit - added the picture]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan S.
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I don't have the game but i can give you some tips to make things right !

Fixing the miniatures is quite easy and numerous tutorials can be found to do it. Basically you have to immerse your minis in boiling water to let them get back to their original "memory" shape and then cool them down in cold water to "freeze" them in that shape. I had the same problem with my Middle Earth Quest minis and that took care of the problem. Basically i boiled some water in a container using a microwave, immersed the minis in there holding them upside down with forceps and when they got back in shape i quickly plunged them in another container of cold water. Dry, rinse and repeat with other minis. Talisman minis probably use the same plastic as any other FFG games so that should take care of the matter.

As for the other components problems you have, you should contact FFG customer service, which is one of the best in the boardgame industry as far as i know, and they will probably replace them at no charge to you. I had several components problems with a few of my FFG games and everytime Thaadd, who is responsible for FFG customer service and universally praised as a god here on the BGG forums, sent new components quite rapidly.

Hope it helps !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three of my cards are badly cut as well. Also, I only have 9 spells and 10 adventure cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact FFG about this. They were very helpful in replacing my badly cut cards. As for the board, mine was only lightly torn, so I didn't make a bid deal about it and I was able to fix it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC Hendee
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the follow link and explain the problem. This has come up for quite a few people, though it is not truly a widespread problem. These types of glitches can happen in any very large manufacturing and packaging process.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=12&e...

The FFG customer service department has very nice people who will help you out. I can second that Thaad takes the stress out of these rare but unfortunate situations.

And Jonathan... thank you for the tip about miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent an email to FFG about 11 days ago and still haven't heard back, which is strange because they normally reply within a couple days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.