GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,813 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Josh
United States
flag msg tools
CHA was my dump stat
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like he pretty much chopped it in half.

Saw a lot of big spiders like this when i lived in Bolivia. You can't describe how fast they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ROFLLMAO!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Is there a version in English?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shouldn't have watched this. Boy, that is really unintentionally funny camera work. I am cracking up over here. That dude needed a bigger bowl.

My wife: "where is this video from"
Me: "not sure"
Her: "find out, we're not going to live there"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JESS PLEASE WATCH IT, IT IS AWESOME
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to watch it but had to click back before anything too dreadful happened.

Spiders! I would have had to go for a looooong walk, left all the doors and windows open, and hoped it was gone by the time I came back home. Or that might have been a good time to walk away from an underwater mortgage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would have been easier to dispatch it with a shotgun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate all the responses on this thread, because now I know I don't want to watch it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACK ACK wrote:
I tried to watch it but had to click back before anything too dreadful happened.

Spiders! I would have had to go for a looooong walk, left all the doors and windows open

Doors and windows open!? By god man, if you had watched the whole thing, you would know not to do that--that keening, chittering sound was her mating call, and males of this species can hear it up to two miles away. If this guy's doors & windows had been open, it would have been dozens of enraged suitors repeatedly raping his face with their venomous reproductive organs, rather than just the three in the video.

ACK ACK wrote:
and hoped it was gone by the time I came back home.

Oscar Wilde didn't like spiders either, but as he put it, there's only one thing worse than catching and removing an 8" spider from your home... and that's not catching and removing an 8" spider from your home.

(Other lesser-known quotes of his include "I was wrong--catching two 8" spiders is also worse," "holy crap those things are fast," "eeeee hee heeee get it off, get it off," and "aughh the venom, I can't feel my legs.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Oscar Wilde didn't like spiders either, but as he put it, there's only one thing worse than catching and removing an 8" spider from your home... and that's not catching and removing an 8" spider from your home.

In later years, once he became comfortable with venturing out into public with the eyepatch, I believe he amended this to the somewhat less witty, "there's only one thing worse than catching and removing an 8" spider from your home... and that's catching and removing an 8" spider from your face."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
The little "teaser shot" that the Youtube widget gives is enough for me to NOT watch it. But if I had spiders that big in my house, it would be reason enough for me to get a heavy-duty Shop Vac or something, preferably one that mulches the debris (aka, Spider) as it sucks it into the void. And I'd make sure to buy the REALLY LONG hose extension for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
By god man, if you had watched the whole thing, you would know not to do that--that keening, chittering sound was her mating call, and males of this species can hear it up to two miles away.

It makes noise? AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHGHHHHHHH!

Better get to the mothership and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.