GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,855 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Caesar's Gallic War» Forums » General

Subject: Faction wins record rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Green
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having a debate of sort with two of my friends as to the balance of this game. Both of them say that the Gauls can only win when the Roman player is inept and I disagree. Please record which faction won, in what year, by how much, and under what rule modifications you may have been using.

In our session, I won as the Romans using the rule that the Gallic player gets a victory point for every reinforcing legion that Caesar brings into the theater by 20-12 in 51 B.C.E. I was losing from the middle to the end of the game until the last two turns when I started going for broke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Friedmann
United States
Reading
MASSACHUSETTS
flag msg tools
Have you seen the latest errata (posted on this website)? Along with limitations to Roman VPs for killing Germans, a fort has been added that really helps the Gallic player.

"There should be a fort called “Vesontio” in the Sequani area. It provides 1 supply point as per 6.6.
The Sequani card should also have a picture of a fort with the word “Vesontio” on it"

thucydides2004 wrote:
I am having a debate of sort with two of my friends as to the balance of this game. Both of them say that the Gauls can only win when the Roman player is inept and I disagree. Please record which faction won, in what year, by how much, and under what rule modifications you may have been using.

In our session, I won as the Romans using the rule that the Gallic player gets a victory point for every reinforcing legion that Caesar brings into the theater by 20-12 in 51 B.C.E. I was losing from the middle to the end of the game until the last two turns when I started going for broke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Miller
United States
West Jefferson
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game and haven't stickered it yet, but hope to get it on the table soon. I heard similar comments about Columbia's Julius Caesar, but have found it to be pretty nicely balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.