GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,024 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Silent War» Forums » General

Subject: Keeping stats: suggestions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm nearing the end of my first campaign; I suspect I won't meet my tonnage requirement in February 1942. This game I tracked things just using comments in the Vassal log, and by annotating each ship's log. Not a very efficient way to do things. I don't suppose Vassal has any tool to help keep stats for this game, does it?

Anyway, next time I'm thinking of using Excel. I've downloaded 3 or 4 spreadsheets I found over at consimworld, but none is quite what I had in mind. Well, I'm not sure what I have in mind. Part of me would like to track every die roll! I noticed at least one guy at consimworld who tracked hit rates, dud rates, etc; not sure I have the patience to enter data for every last danged attack. I'm more inclined to track each sub's tonnage and ships sunk, but not sure how much more to do than that.

Do you all have any suggestions? How much detail do you record, and how long does it take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.