GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Defenders of the Realm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ranger and defeated generals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Small clarification. If the Ranger has vanquished a General and finds himself later in an adjacent location to a few of that General's minions...with his slayer reward and archery ability, he is able to remove all the 'adjacent' minions of that General's color without physically being there, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ranger has vanquished a General and finds himself later in an adjacent location to a few of that General's minions...with his slayer reward and archery ability, he is able to remove all the 'adjacent' minions of that General's color without physically being there, correct?

The Ranger Skill does not work with the Slayer Skill. The Slayer Card states that when spending a combat action in a Location, the Slayer defeats all of the type. No combat roll is required, but the action is restricted to the location the Slayer is on.

Design Note: The Slayer's ability is gained because the minions now fear the Slayer. They know of his fame and fear him, therefore they run at the sight of the Slayer - becoming routed troops fleeing in fear and open to the slayer's attack. The Ranger's Archery Skill would not reveal him to the Minions as the slayer and therefore not cause the rout in fear as he approached, but just an Archer firing at them from a distance - therefore the Ranger's Archery skill would not work with the Slayer action.

Hope this not only answers the question, but also clarifies why the Slayer must be in the same space as their targets.

Thanks for asking.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Let me ask one other question related:

Lets say I have killed the black general. I enter a space with two black minions and a green one. I spend an action to attack...with this one action, would the slayer skill therefore remove all black minions AND allow me to roll against the green one, or will it require two actions to accomplish this now?

(It would seem to me that one action should accomplish both)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say I have killed the black general. I enter a space with two black minions and a green one. I spend an action to attack...with this one action, would the slayer skill therefore remove all black minions AND allow me to roll against the green one, or will it require two actions to accomplish this now?

That would be 1 Action. The Attack is the action and it enables the player to attack all Minions on the location. In this case, 2 of the Minions are subject to the Slayer rule, so no dice need be rolled for them, the other would require a Die be rolled.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.