GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,128 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Risk» Forums » General

Subject: Music to listen to while playing risk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tarski Putin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm hosting a risk gaming night next weekend and need to gather a playlist of background music that would go well with playing the game. I'm thinking along the lines of classical music that conjures up images of battles and honor. So far I've come up with Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Haulk
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
check out sonic legends, they have great background music. In your case try here: http://www.sonic-legends.com/zen/index.php?main_page=index&c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Coppedge
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might get a few minutes out of O Fortuna, 1812 Overture, & Ride of the Valkyries...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halo, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and Gears of War have some very symphonic components to them, you may have to pick and choose your songs but make for GREAT compilations.

As for actualy classical music:

Beethoven Symph # 5

The Planets by Holst

Carmina Burana

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and I'd also recomment NOT playing risk (or at least playing a more interesting version like 2210 or LOTR)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Fisher
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
Tarski wrote:
I'm hosting a risk gaming night next weekend and need to gather a playlist of background music that would go well with playing the game. I'm thinking along the lines of classical music that conjures up images of battles and honor. So far I've come up with Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

My risk team has been listening to the series 5 doctor who soundtrack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.