Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: New Years Resolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just browsing what games I have played the past year and found out that even tho I thought I did a good job of tracking from July on, I have missed many games played. I know I have played Acquire more than once since July, as well as Poker and a few others choice games. So, one resolution is to make much more of an effort to log my games.

A second resolution is to expand who I game with. I have been invited to game with some people, and I haven't been very good at getting there. I need to do that, and I apologize to those who invited me, for not getting there. For the most part, my close friends who I used to game with would rather play Hold 'em. I like Hold 'em, but not every single time I get with them, nor can I play it for 6-7 hours.

Third, I want to set up a regular game day. I figure perhaps once a month I would like to host a regular board game day, starting earlier on a Saturday so we can get in more or longer games. I have a few folk who are interested as I threw the idea out with them on New Years Eve. No Poker. No Poker. No Poker.

Fouth and final. Play at least 10 games I haven't played before. I definatly have enough of those in my closet. On the list is Die Macher, Bootleggers, most of my Alea group and more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheridan Hortness
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This year I intend to take advantage of more oppurtunities for gaming as well. The game club that I started last year is still going every two weeks, and I have several friends who are willing to play games like Settlers, Carcassone and Peurto Rico once in a while. The one big change I am hoping to push for this year is Saturday afternoon gaming. If I can get two or three friends together every other month then we can start playing the longer games (3 hours or more). I have a few of those in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.