GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Myth: Pantheons» Forums » Rules

Subject: The pesky city of Java rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stern
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the current city to be claimed is has a Challenge Rating of 2 and I use an Acts action to activate Java's ability, do I claim the city immediately or must I still win one more challenge?

If it is claimed immediately, do I get a champion action?

If so, and there were other deities that were due Acts actions (to be used after my Java activation), do I take my new champion action before them?

Due to the complexity that arises, I would think that the intent is that you can only claim a city after winning a challenge with a card. But then, there are cards that automatically create a win.

Confusion!

All that said, I've been an L5R fan since '95 and I'm very happy that AEG is putting out so many fun and interesting products. Hoping to meet some designers at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Keith
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
ergh99 wrote:
If the current city to be claimed is has a Challenge Rating of 2 and I use an Acts action to activate Java's ability, do I claim the city immediately or must I still win one more challenge?

You will need to win one more challenge.

Quote:
All that said, I've been an L5R fan since '95 and I'm very happy that AEG is putting out so many fun and interesting products. Hoping to meet some designers at GenCon.

We shall indeed be there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Miller
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
AEGBrent wrote:
[q="ergh99"]If the current city to be claimed is has a Challenge Rating of 2 and I use an Acts action to activate Java's ability, do I claim the city immediately or must I still win one more challenge?

You will need to win one more challenge.

Brent, can you please explain why the Deity needs to win one more challenge if the current city only requires 2 challenges and the city of Java Acts action provides 2 challenges won toward the current city?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess because the rules say that only the current champion can claim that city if they have enough won challenges to spend on it. So no matter how many you are sitting on you have to win to spend and acquire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.