GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: CCA Tournaments? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I was wondering how others find out about CCA tournaments in their area.

Living in the great northwest, I haven't heard of any but I'd love to hear about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I don't know what you have locally, but I would do a Google search for the topic. I'd probably start with a Google search of your nearest large town or city and "game convention." That has worked for me.

Kris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hectarion wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering how others find out about CCA tournaments in their area.

Living in the great northwest, I haven't heard of any but I'd love to hear about them.

Maybe not what you're looking for but I'll throw in yet another plug for the online CCA Vassal community. While face-to-face play is always preferable, CCA plays very well on Vassal and the tournaments run by Bill Bennett are a great excuse for participating in regular organised play with a bunch of friendly players from right around the world.....particularly for those of us who are geographically isolated. I've learned a lot about the game from some very experienced players and after playing for almost a year have been consistently impressed by the quality, maturity and sportsmanship of the many people it's given me the opportunity to meet and play with (which I sadly can't say about other online gaming experiences I've had).

The yahoogroup is at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccavassal/

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try checking out this convention. I think it's in Seattle. They might have some CCA games going on, plus it's coming up soon.

DRAGON FLIGHT CONVENTION

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gennarino Cappella
Italy
Vimodrone
flag msg tools
Clash of shields Open Tournament 2011! A VASSAL tournament for Commands & Colors, Scenario X.

Hello everyone,
is currently recruiting for a tournament made in italy.

Clash of shields is an online tournament for Commands & Colors, The tournament is free admission, is not funded by advertising and has no sponsors.

The official tournament language is English. Date and time of the tournament are the Italian ones: UTC +1 (CET - Central European Time).

Registration ends next 2011/02/13. Matches will start in the week between 14 and 20 February. All details here.

Join the tournament... enjoy the italian taste!

Bye.
Rabdomante aka staff@ilnottetempo.it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Borg
United States
Orlando
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do believe there is a Commands & Colors: Ancients Tournament going to be part of the Kublacon schedule of events Memorial Day Weekend. Planned also are Epic Commands & Colors: Ancients games.

I will have the honor of being a part of the convention again in 2011 and it should be a grand time!

Richard Borg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gennarino Cappella
Italy
Vimodrone
flag msg tools

Dear Mr. Borg,
unfortunately, San Francisco is too far for me. I'm sorry.

So, if you want to participate at the open tournament VASSAL, you're welcome!

Best Regards.
Rabdomante aka staff@ilnottetempo.it

p.s.: ... thanks for C&CA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.