Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Russian Rail replay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Garlic-13 Aniballi
United States
Carpentersville
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'd say the replay value for any game is purely in what you look for in a gaming experience.

I've only played a crayon-rail game once(Iron Dragon), and I liked it, but as for me the replayability could be limited, in the sense that I'd probably only want to play one a handfull of times over a year. They aren't particularly complex in any way, the trick to them is being able to balance your spending against what income you're able to make back for it.

Completely un-wargame-like in every way. The player interaction is strictly limited to occasionally using another players rail lines, and how some players might block a place you want to build to.

There a few 'wargame' style lighter games you may enjoy if you're interested in something of a moderate complexity. Memoir '44 is probably the best example I can think of offhand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Replay value is just fine, although it may be nice to have a little variety 'cause they play somewhat differently. My wife is a big fan - we have most of the line - although we don't play it very often because of game length. "Low complexity" should not be a problem - these games are interesting but uncomplicated puzzles. You should be able to set the game aside, although it would probably be nice to jot down what your plans were, where you were heading, which direction your train is moving (if in the middle of a track).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.