Thumb up
1 Posts

Dungeon!» Forums » General

Subject: Upgrading this version to The New Dungeon/The Classic Dungeon hybrid. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
flag msg tools
Just thought I would post this conversion I made to my old copy of Dungeon, using files I have found here on BGG, along with some other alterations.

I own all the different versions of this game, however I wanted to be able to play them on a "play copy" so I would stop ruining by boards/bits from the other versions. So I took my cruddiest copy of Dungeon and added the following:

Rulebook for the advanced games is here. I'd advise you just read it as most the rules are the same, then print off the combat tables and maybe the "expanded rules" on the last few pages.

Don't worry about the characters in those 2 other versions, they were a bit unbalanced. Try these for balanced out versions.

Now print off this expansion rulebook, it contains rules for clerical healing and gnome illusionist spells.

You can find the spell cards facings on this page if you want to make official looking expansion character spells.

Now you just need some figures for those characters and you need to print off the "symbols" for the Teleportation rooms, Magical Tome rooms, and Pools of Healing rooms (2 of each) and you should be ready to play. Pools of Healing symbols are teardrops. Teleportation chambers symbol is "Poof". You can see the "Magical Tome" symbol in this picture:

The placement for these symbols on the board are as follows:
"Pools of Healing" in the Storeroom and Armory
"Teleportation" in the Crypt and Torture Chamber
"Magical Tomes" in the Wizard's Laboratory, Wizard's Treasure Room, Queen's Treasure Room Annex, and Queen's Treasure Room.

The monsters/treasures may not be exactly the same, but should be enough variety at least for your family to play until it gets stale.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.