United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if anyone cares, but i've added a couple games to my "Dissension in the Ranks" geeklist (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...) and will be continue to add to it all this week.

I thought it would be silly to start a new Geeklist taking up the shiny new server space just to get on the front page, so I figured that I'd take it up here. I'm sure it all works out to be the same, but this way just seems a bit more economical (as I'll probably delete this).

New Entries:
San Juan
St. Petersburg

Games I'm thinking about writing on:
Capitol
Liberty
Can't Stop
Coloretto
Cosmic Encounter
Liberté

Don't worry I won't put Ticket to Ride here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you will be deleteing this journal soon anyway. I am curious, why not Ticket to Ride?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
Thanks for the notice Morgan.

That list is one of the few I have bookmarked in my outlook favorites. I know I will enjoy the update.

Foob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That Geeklist is one of my faves too...a great and unique contribution that triggered lots of good discussion and analysis of some often unchallenged games. I don't agree with all of your views, but thanks to the time you took to lay out the basis for the opinion I can see where you are coming from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
It's always good to see an old favorite updated. Thanks for the notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to hear your dissentions on Liberté. It is a game that I am considering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride.
To the lovely Mrs. Wong, while I don't love Ticket to Ride by any means, I also don't think that it is a bad game. This game falls more in the "good enough" catagory. My only real issue with it is the endgame. The game plays through just fine until you connect all your secret routes near game end, but not at game end (and yes I do try to get a number of them throughout the game). If you have 5 or 6 turns left and you have completed your routes then you can either piddle around or take the chance of getting new routes. This is a real crapshoot as you basically just hope for certain cards to come up.

Also I don't like the fact that if you aren't in first you end up drawing route cards on your last turn just to see if you get lucky enough to connect and possibly give you the win. Kind of lame.

Outside that though the game is acceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because then I'm just making points for points sake rather than doing something fun. I call that piddling around.

The fun in this game for me is jockeying for position. When the game devolves into picking up the scraps, it is just hard to get excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.