GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Wings of War: WW2 Airplane Packs» Forums » General

Subject: Storage solutions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious as to what others are doing in terms of storage solutions for the minis. I generally use Plano storage containers but I just worry about the propellers on the planes. Currently I am storing them in their original boxes but I know that that is not a practical long term solution as the number of planes in the series grows.

I'm thinking of going with the foam storage packs my FLGS has. A much more expensive solution but better that than a cheaper solution that doesn't protect or transport them properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own the WWII set, but I stick my WWI aircraft in cardboard card boxes lined with bubble wrap. One for the central powers, one for the entente. There is probably room for a another wave or two in each box.

I don't have a photo the the minis, but these are the same boxes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some cardboard ornament storage boxes that I picked up from The Container Store. The one I use has 28 compartments arranged 7x4. I put packing corn in the cells and let the models float in the corn. The spare cells I use for maneuver decks, damage markers, pegs, stands, etc.

Then I have some expandable folders that I velcroed inside the lid to store the rules, flight panels, and "boom sticks." I use elastic (not rubber) bands to keep the lid closed on the box.

It ain't pretty and, to be honest, probably not much less in cost than a Plano rig. But it's handy, easy to carry around, and meets the need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.