Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: OT - The Way Off Topic Shill-Fest or GLORY!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
ya gotta bunny/duck it in your head
badge
"I looked at my hands, I understood that one fine day, one fine evening to be precise, they would no longer be hands but some other awful thing." —Jack Kerouac
mbmbmbmbmb
Just boggled and agog that the kinder-than-most folks at Aramageddon Buffet bought another one of my sf stories, Zoroaster's Conundrum. Which, it must be noted, was written long before 9-11. Only for the morally strong.

http://www.armageddonbuffet.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to go Chris! Congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
wahoo!
Congrats. As a writer myself, I whole-heartedly leap for giddy joy for you. There's nothing like seeing your baby in print. Of course, what would I know, every journal that ever accepted my work went out of business before my issue went to print. Lucky for the New Yorker they turned me down, I can tell you that.

Congrats.

-goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
"I looked at my hands, I understood that one fine day, one fine evening to be precise, they would no longer be hands but some other awful thing." —Jack Kerouac
mbmbmbmbmb
Me, at cocktail parties, in my haughty-author voice:

"Why, I'll have you know I've been rejected by some of the finest magazines in the world!"

And I got the phonebook-high stack of rejection slips to prove it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the obsession with keeping rejection slips?

I have a file cabinet devoted to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose, without an actual check, it's the only evidence we have that we actually did any work... At least, that's what I keep telling my wife.

Now that I'm calm, I can tell you (without an epic list of joyous profanities that would surely get me kicked off the Geek) that the editor just forwarded me an email from David Brin (they're pals) where Mr. Brin says my story is cool. And he used an exclamation point.

Please slap me awake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Great news Chris.

But don't you keep the slips so that the rejecters can eat them one day ???

Ummm tastes like crow . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
rejection letters
The last rejection letter I got, I edited it and sent it back with a note saying that it did not fit the new direction we had planned for the rejection file; but we found their rejection slip enjoyable and they might have better luck rejecting someone else.

-goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Hill
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Story
Congrats, great story btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The last rejection letter I got, I edited it and sent it back with a note saying that it did not fit the new direction we had planned for the rejection file; but we found their rejection slip enjoyable and they might have better luck rejecting someone else.

-goo

*LAUGHS*

Years ago, one of the graphic design grads at my college did a beautifully typeset resume on crisp white matte-finish paper. If you tilted it sideways you could see a secondary glossy white logo, almost the size of the page, that simply said, "Just give me the F**king Job!".

He got hired from a very high-end design firm, almost immediately.

True story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
autoreject
I used to send out a pre-fab rejection slip with check boxes for things like:

'Arcanely prolix lexication precluded comprehension.'

'Too much/not enough fucking & killing.'

'Saw this on the last Star Trek (tm).'

'So--how's that day job?'

and my personal favorite, especially when they checked it:

'Rasta.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Again, another excellent story Chris. Wonderful backdrop against which to splatter one of the more intriguing mysteries of existence. Thanks for sharing the story! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.