GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,755 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Instead of this: "How can I trademark/copyright/otherwise alienate publishers forever from my revolutionary board game design?"

This: I'm posting the complete current draft of the rules to my game. Please comment on any aspect of the game, positive or negative.

[thread=543300][/thread]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks fun to me. I read your rules and while they could definitely use a rewrite; I think I understand how the game works. The theme seems like a perfect fit for me, so I don't think you need to change it.

I'm curious how you plan to publish it. Are you going to self-publish or try to submit it to a major publisher?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nswoll wrote:
The game looks fun to me. I read your rules and while they could definitely use a rewrite; I think I understand how the game works. The theme seems like a perfect fit for me, so I don't think you need to change it.

I'm curious how you plan to publish it. Are you going to self-publish or try to submit it to a major publisher?

Thank you. I'm not sure yet what path to follow in terms of publication. I've already taken the unusual path of posting full rules while the game is still in development.

I would only consider self-publishing the game if I adapted it to be a cards-only game (few, if any, rule changes would be necessary). When I feel it's truly ready, I'd also consider submitting it to a major publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Appel
United States
Fairchild AFB
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. Good luck to you! I'll be keeping my eye on this.

-v
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.