GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,973 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Grayson Doherty
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
www.toysonfire.ca
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the late announcement! hope to see you all here tomorrow night! Any questions please give us a call at 613-825-0688

Cheers,

Gray
Toys on Fire Ottawa
& Barrhaven Board Game Nights
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis Cote
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Planning on being there.

Will bring >
Caylus
Pirate's Cove
Catan 3D Edition

Would like to Play (if someone has it) >
Shadows over Camelot

Also wanna try >
Crystal Core

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
shoot!
not sure I can make it tonight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson Doherty
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
www.toysonfire.ca
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I brought some very uncommon games for tonight for those of you who want to try something that most people don't have.

See you all there tonight! Also if anyone knows somebody who would enjoy visiting please feel free to let them know about it. We always love to see new faces!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Shadows Over Camelot....and I live in Barrhaven......

but I can't make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grayousious wrote:
I brought some very uncommon games for tonight for those of you who want to try something that most people don't have.

See you all there tonight! Also if anyone knows somebody who would enjoy visiting please feel free to let them know about it. We always love to see new faces!
Oooo, care to share some titles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson Doherty
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
www.toysonfire.ca
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eirikr wrote:
grayousious wrote:

Oooo, care to share some titles?

Khet: The Laser Game, Chang Cheng, Pirate King, Winners Circle, Starcraft: The Board Game, Wasabi!, Illuminati, and Kahuna are some that I brought today.

Also we might have a guy who is willing to teach Chaos in the Old World for anyone who is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a good night guys. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis Cote
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto! Learned and enjoyed three games: Taluva, Jamaica and For Sale + got to sneak peek at Lucas and Lara's game Crystal Core: Battle for Nih'ki. Thanks again Gray for a good games night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Castro
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know you enjoyed a game when right after it you're planning your strategy for next time. Jamaica was definitely fun, and I have to agree with both Marquis and Eric that it is better than Pirate's Cove.

For Sale was a fun, lightning quick game. Thanks guys (and thank you to those who subjected themselves to "guinea pig duty").

Just so I know I'm getting my dates right, is the next time we're meeting August 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnolithic Studio wrote:
. Jamaica was definitely fun, and I have to agree with both Marquis and Eric that it is better than Pirate's Cove.

Wow really? I have Jamaica and while it's fun, it seems rather light. Guess I need to play it some more. I've been itchin to try Pirate's cove but after reading that comment, not quite so much anymore.

next time try Gray's copy of Pirate King, it's actually a pretty decent pirate game I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
Gnolithic Studio wrote:
. Jamaica was definitely fun, and I have to agree with both Marquis and Eric that it is better than Pirate's Cove.

Wow really? I have Jamaica and while it's fun, it seems rather light. Guess I need to play it some more. I've been itchin to try Pirate's cove but after reading that comment, not quite so much anymore.

next time try Gray's copy of Pirate King, it's actually a pretty decent pirate game I think.
Jamaica is definately a very light pirate themed race game, but it is fun.
Pirate's cove is not bad, a very pretty game, but also pretty light and seems to be trying to be something more than it is and as a result falls a little flat. They are probably pretty comparable on a lot of fronts but Jamaica is exactly what it is trying to be with no extra clutter.
Definately give Pirate's Cove a try, it is pretty fun on the first play or two in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis Cote
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, what he said My kids enjoys Pirate's Cove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson Doherty
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
www.toysonfire.ca
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnolithic Studio wrote:
You know you enjoyed a game when right after it you're planning your strategy for next time. Jamaica was definitely fun, and I have to agree with both Marquis and Eric that it is better than Pirate's Cove.

For Sale was a fun, lightning quick game. Thanks guys (and thank you to those who subjected themselves to "guinea pig duty").

Just so I know I'm getting my dates right, is the next time we're meeting August 2?

Monday, August 2nd is actually a civic holiday, so I guess we shall do it on, Tuesday the 3rd. I'll post the official thread after this weekend likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis Cote
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't the next one be July 26th?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson Doherty
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
www.toysonfire.ca
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theotherside wrote:
Wouldn't the next one be July 26th?

FINE!

hahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson Doherty
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
www.toysonfire.ca
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Thread
Barrhaven Board Game Nights at Toys on Fire: Next Meeting Monday July 26th 6:30PM – 10:30PM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.