Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Feat of Daring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: humor [+] [View All]
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
In Okiedokie's January 5th journal entry, "From Whence came YOUR avatar?", I offered one entire GG for the first non-avatarred person who could produce the name of the game from which my own avatar derives, the answer of course being Hasbro's 120 Days of Sodom: The Board Game. In addition, I promised up to FOUR ADDITIONAL GG if the person providing the correct answer performed a subsequent "FEAT OF DARING" of my own design.

The winner of the 1 GG and the qualifier for the FEAT OF DARING gonzo geekgold giveaway is the bold and resourceful TOM JUKIC (Dreadnaut) from the state of Ohio. Tom enjoys Euchre, Goa, Magic Realm and Facts in Five, his hobbies are gourmet cooking and archery, and his pet peeves are voter disenfranchisement and mean people. Tom needs only nine more geekgold to get his very own avatar and I know that we all wish him well.

Tom Jukic must do the following to earn the bonus geekgold:

1. By midnight tomorrow he must create a new, non-private geeklist.

2. The geeklist must be entitled "Geeklist A-Go-Go."

3. The geeklist must have five items. The five games listed may be of Tom's own choosing.

4. The text for the first item must be a description of one of Tom's favorite gaming moments. The text must be of a length of at least seventy-five words. The incident related may be fact or fiction. Within the text Tom must incorporate, in a way that makes sense within the context of the story, the words "truculent", "discombobulated" and "silky". He must also use the word "flammo," which I just now made up.

5. The text for the second item must be a recounting of an incident from Tom's personal history in which the playing of a game led to a sexual encounter during last year's Mardi Gras. The text must be at least seventy-five words. The story should be reasonably plausible. No profanity may be used, but unavoidable mention of body parts may be replaced with the first names of The Marx Brothers OR The Three Stooges (any incarnation). For example: "I rubbed up against her Zeppo as she hung her beads around my Shemp."

6. The text for the third item must be an eight-line, two-stanza love poem dedicated to Tom Vasel. For each stanza the rhyme scheme should be ABBA (i.e., the first and last lines of the stanza should rhyme with each other, as should the middle two). Some words that rhyme with Vasel: "castle", "hassle", "passel", "wrassle", "assh'le".

7. The text for the fourth item must be a real or fictional childhood memory of the playing of the "gonzo variant" of a game, an act which leads to a sibling/pet becoming injured and a parent losing his/her temper and destroying the game in a memorable fashion. Seventy-five words minimum.

8. The fifth item is free style, and will be judged on originality and artistic merit.

9. At no point must Tom mention that the geeklist is the product of any sort of stunt, dare or contest. It must appear in all ways to be a geeklist written in earnest and a sincere attempt on Tom's part to communicate his true feelings about gaming to Boardgamegeek and the world at large.

10. Tom must keep the geeklist visible for two full days.

11. Tom must delete any comments from other users which mention the fact that I put him up to it.

12. Tom may at his discretion delete any comments written by anyone who gives him shit.

At the end of the two days I will grade Tom's geeklist on a scale of one to four stars and award him a corresponding amount of Geekgold. Tom will be graded on:

- following directions
- creativity
- enthusiasm for gaming
- positive outlook
- spelling and punctuation

Tom is free to decline the FEAT OF DARING and will in no way be chided, ostracized, taunted, or slandered for his good sense in steering clear of this bit of gratuitous stupidity.

[b]Tom, do you accept the challenge?[b]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're insane Gola, I hope he takes you up on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Sweetening the Pot
Just to make this more interesting, I will match any Geekgold award from Gola, or award Tom with enough Geekgold to get his avatar, whichever is higher.

Anything to support a random act of Gola insanity. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola, you're insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Allen
Australia
Ngunnawal, Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Copycats?
No doubt this will start a string of copycat geeklists, with at least 8 love poems dedicated to Tom vasel by this time tomorrow ...

... and the other geekist "Games that remind me of the Gola-sponsored geeklist"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first glance on the frontpage, I thought the title was Fear of Dating.

After actually reading the post, I must say:

1. You have too much free time
2. Thank you for spending it wisely.

I only wish I had found this journal entry after reading the proposed geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Insanity!!!
Well, this is quite unexpected, and rather shocking. HOWEVER, having grown up on a steady diet of Monty Python and other insanity, I dare say I heartily accept! Please note, I have not yet done a Geeklist, so any suggestions are most welcome appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that is, most welcome and appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope he wins...

And I'm with Fawkes. I too will match the geekgold prize!kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
You're All Stark Raving Mad!!
(and I'll match the GG too) - what the hey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
Simply great! It looks like Tom will be earning a bunch of GG. Let's share the wealth a bit, eh (the first copycat right here, baby!)? I'll give a bunch-o-GG to the first NON-Dreadnaut-Tom avatar-less person to put up another list like the one above (message me if you're it, so I don't miss the geeklist). A few changes:
1. you have until Sunday Noon (GMT-5).
2. Name your list "Geeklist A Ga-Ga"
3. The key words in the first item are: fantabulous, pig-nosed, holier-than-thou and bah ... whoosh!
4. The second item may be any game-related sexual encounter.
5. Although the rest of the rules apply (don't mention this journal article etc.), you may say that you were inspired by Tom's Geeklist A Go Go list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, you're my hero.laugh

I can't wait to read the result of the challenge. I bet it's totally flammo!

Is flammo an adjective?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that flammo isn't even a word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. I wish Tom the best of luck with his heroic endeavor and I await the outcome of this historic undertaking with eagerness and a yearning for a better tomorrow.

Of course, it is imperative to the experiment that we not have any alternative Geeklist A-Go-Gos before Tom posts his.

I will follow Tom's lead regarding the true nature of "flammo."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flammo
Flammo is the name of a company that sells firestarting equipment. I can think of a couple of boardgames that would make excellent tinder devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.