Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Light wargames? Help please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
I'm looking for a light war game that can be played solo. Any suggestions? Are they ALL really as complicated as they appear? So many counters and scenarios, etc.! What intrigues me is the fact that most games designed for solo play fall into the wargame category so now I'm curious about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle for Moscow
A good place to start would be Battle for Moscow. It's very light and playable solo. Check it out at http://grognard.com/bfm/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
STOCKPORT
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I can't think of any light wargames that are good solitaire- however that depends on your definition of light!!

I would consider Battlecry a light wargame but it's not solitaire friendly, next up I would consider a House Divided, whilst that is a light wargame froma wargamers point of view; from a Euro gamers view it could be considered a bit heavier than light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Haslehurst
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clash of Giants (GMT) is pretty light but also a very good game and interesting to solitaire.

Many of the card-driven wargames are also good to solitaire - don't look at your hand, just turn up your next card and decide what to do with it. This brings a lot of unexpected twists and turns into the game. I would recommend Wilderness War or Thirty Years War (both GMT) for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.