Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: You can get heroscape for $45 Cdn in Toronto rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I can't believe that I completely forgot to mention (in my journal entry yesterday), that you can get Heroscape at the temporary game/calendar store (go!) in the eaton centre for $45 Cdn. They originally had it for $90, but now have it on for half price...$15 cheaper than I paid for it for an xmas present...

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Alexander
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Heroscape in Waterloo, ON for $22.50
The game store by my house bought a LOT of these for christmas. They set up a booth in the middle of the mall with TONS of games, and didn't sell them all. So now all the games are back in the store (since their booth is gone), piled on top of pool tables. Heroscape, orignally $80 there, was reduced to $45, then another 50% off. I'm not interested for any price - no one would play it - but I thought it was a pretty good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Alexander
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
I should just clarify that no one in my family or gaming group would play it, but I think it's a neat game for the right crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
wow!
That's an amazing price...If I was in Waterloo I'd pick up a few copies for giving as gifts at that price...

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
in that silly green stuff?
$45 Cdn is probably about $38 U.S. I would guess...I know, not a particularly good price for heroscape stateside, but we haven't seen the kinds of heavy discounting for it here that have happened down there...

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MTG Ninja
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
C$22.50? that's like 18 US bucks...

how much below cost do you geeks think 22.50 is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
my guess...
If the U.S. list price is $40 (is that right?), then I would guess that the wholesale is about $24 U.S.

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MTG Ninja
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Well, if those numbers are correct, you hafta wonder what is going thru the head of this retailer.

Can't gouge the customer at more than keystone? Oh well, no choice but to dump this thing at below cost...

Online retailers must be happy to have such inept "competition".

Tripp, help me out here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Alexander
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
It might have been a miscommunication between the store owner and the staff. Lots of stuff was discounted 50%, some things had a red sticker on them with the discounted price, and some things still had the original price, but were on a table that said "50% off". Well, Heroscape was on the table, and it had a price of $45 - I even clarified with the clerk that it was 50% off that, and he said yes - so the person right next to me went to the table immediately and picked up a copy

I got some great all-wood games for kids for $12.50 (regular $40) for birthday presents for my son's friends, etc. Also had Coda for $10 CDN, so I bought up all 5 copies. All I can say is someone's probably going to be pissed when they find out all their heroscapes sold for $22.50 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroscape is $49.99 everyday at Toys R Us stores in Toronto...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
When I bought it before xmas, the everyday price at Toys R Us here in Toronto was $59.99. Last time I looked it still was that price. Did they drop the price recently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No I was just hooped up on too much coffee the day I posted that. Don't know what I was thinking...You are right $59.99 is the regular ToysRus canadian price.

I did get one for 25% off a day or two before xmas though...totally by surprise. I was in a mall and the TrU had a big '% of board games' sign in the window, so I ran in and bought a 2nd copy just for the extra terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.