Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: recent purchases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark coomey
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DOOM..when it only had 10 ratings on the geek! which is amazing considering I'm way down in new zealand, and peops in the states have hardly managed to get copies yet..

def a good game. a tad long IMO. but a whole lotta fun. I prefer playing marines even though it's tough work, it's fun exploring each area and not knowing what's gonna jump out at ya!

other purchase is WotR...it's got 500+ ratings at the moment and still rates very well. I just hope that it's not all from simply Tolkein buffs. Anyway, I've begun painting the figures with a black undercoat as I find the game unplayable unpainted as I simply can't tell many of the races apart. And also as there are border restrictions applicable to each player, I think it's important that the colour scheme has a relationship to the borders (although I'll prob just paint the edge of the base in the colour of the border)..
I just want to keep them clean and simple..i.e. base colour and maybe adding chain-mail and bronze bits to armour. I really like what Guido has done with his figures although I'm afraid I dont have time or patience..so if anyone can suggest a very quick yet effective painting method, I'd much appreciate it.

wiz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pieters
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice
Nice purchases, Wiz! I just don't have a play-group for those sorts of games; I'd LOVE to try War of the Rings sometime, though.

My most recent purchase (not counting 'gifts') was Citadels. And a fine purchase it was, as it's been EXTREMELY well received everywhere -- including a church gaming night just today! Everyone liked that even though there's "downtime" between role-choosing, that they can just socialize in-between. This allows it to be both a game and a social experience combo. And with just enough fun & nastiness too! devil

Happy painting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.