Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Ys limited edition?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Dozier
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every picture I've of the Ys cover says "Essen limited edition" in the lower left corner. Is this game in a limited print run? Should I be snapping it up before they're all gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy from Funagain. It is not the limited edition. I prefer the ceramic gems over the "glass beads" in the LE pics, even though they are dirty and scratched. But I would in fact have preferred even more to have them be plastic or wood, and be the actual colors of the spaces on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kimball
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, as ekted alludes to, the limited edition has glass gems, and the non-limited edition (unlimited edition?) has ceramic gems. I don't really think it makes much difference, but I will vouch for Ys as a good gamer's game if you are considering ordering it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Bader
Germany
duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the Essen limited edition, the beads look like this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/59669

Scratched, dirty opaque, not matching the cards. I think they are ceramic. NO transperent shiny glass. With the limited edition you got a numbered card, with the number on the card you had the chance to win the original cover art painting at their web site, I guess thats all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Limited Edition
If you bought the limited edition, which went on sale before Essen, you have a chance to win the original artwork on the cover

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dozier
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info
Thanks for the info, folks. I just might be picking up this game soon. Based on the reviews, it seems to be pretty good. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.