Recommend
259 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1921 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [77] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: BoardGameGeek for Android App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: android [+] app [+] Android-App-BGG [+] BGG-APP [+] BGG_Geek_Tools [+] geektool [+] [View All]
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay, my Geekbuddies are appearing and I can log played games! Woot.

Thanks guys!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fleuren
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
This is my OverText
badge
Hope you like it...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it also be possible to add games through this app ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcturus5404 wrote:
Would it also be possible to add games through this app ?
Do you mean add a new game to BGG or add an existing game to your collection? There are no plans for the former, but the latter will possibly happen.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fleuren
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
This is my OverText
badge
Hope you like it...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter indeed

When at a boardgame convention you can update your collection directly when handing over the cash

Would also be awesome if you could auto post that on twitter or facebook!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the roadmap! That's about all I can promise right now.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Siew
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to chime in to say I really like this app. I would love it if you could log plays without going into the individual game screen. Maybe a menu when holding down your finger on a game selection in your collection list view. It would make logging a lot quicker for me, at least. Love the new UI, though. Thanks for all the work.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks very cool, but I can't sync:

1.1: Unexpected server response.
1.1: 404Not found for GET etc.

What I have to do, please?

soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, I love the error message it gives when you try to view The Hotness when your phone's mobile internet access is turned off.

"The hotness has gone cold", indeed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
msiew wrote:
I would love it if you could log plays without going into the individual game screen. Maybe a menu when holding down your finger on a game selection in your collection list view. It would make logging a lot quicker for me, at least.

Meee too!
Actually this is the only aspect of the other app "BGG Mobile" (now unsupported?) that I wish this one had. I don't want to view all the details about a game, I just want to log the played game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the point of the GeekBuddies feature? I'm sure if I see the point of listing my GeekBuddies (specifically, their name, username, avatar, & id#) on an Android device. Is there an upcoming feature that we don't know about? If not, I'd recommend swapping this feature out for something more relevant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
It looks very cool, but I can't sync:

1.1: Unexpected server response.
1.1: 404Not found for GET etc.

What I have to do, please?

soblue
Not sure, Paulo. I'll test using your username and see if I can replicate the issue.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ladislaus wrote:
What's the point of the GeekBuddies feature? I'm sure if I see the point of listing my GeekBuddies (specifically, their name, username, avatar, & id#) on an Android device. Is there an upcoming feature that we don't know about? If not, I'd recommend swapping this feature out for something more relevant.
You're correct, it does very little. If there was something worth swapping for, I would. I the future, we'll either add functionality to this feature or replace it with better features.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
great stuff!
must you be online to log games, or are they recorded and sent to BGG at sync time ?
Adding games to collection from the app would be great, indeed.
Do you have plans to integrate the blogs (or some specific blogs such as BGG news) ? (read-only would be enough, I guess)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ccomeaux wrote:
PauloSantoro wrote:
It looks very cool, but I can't sync:

1.1: Unexpected server response.
1.1: 404Not found for GET etc.

What I have to do, please?

soblue
Not sure, Paulo. I'll test using your username and see if I can replicate the issue.
Paulo, I just tested your username, and I can sync without any issue. If you're still having problems, please give me a few more details - what statuses are you syncing; are you syncing GeekBuddies?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ehanuise wrote:
great stuff!
must you be online to log games, or are they recorded and sent to BGG at sync time ?
Adding games to collection from the app would be great, indeed.
Do you have plans to integrate the blogs (or some specific blogs such as BGG news) ? (read-only would be enough, I guess)
Yes, you must have a connection to log games. That will be improved soon, but I can't guarantee when.
No blog integration in the plans today, but I'll add that to the list.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've had a new behavior turn up in the last week or so that I never saw before...

Whenever I try to search for a game in the BoardGameGeek app, instead of getting results, I just stare at the little spinning wheel forever.

And ever.


And ever.







And ev... you get the picture. I didn't make any changes to the permissions or anything, so I'm really not sure what's causing this change in functionality (or lack thereof). Syncing works fine, as does... well, anything in my collection. It's only the search function that seems to have broken.

For reference, I'm on an HTC Eris.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HikariStarshine wrote:
Well, I've had a new behavior turn up in the last week or so that I never saw before...

Whenever I try to search for a game in the BoardGameGeek app, instead of getting results, I just stare at the little spinning wheel forever.
Man, that's really strange. Are you still having the problem? I wasn't able to duplicate it on my phone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's been doing it ever since I updated. I managed to get one good day of searching, then... nothing. I even tried deleting the program and reinstalling it yesterday.

I wonder if you're trying to do some kind of a system call that requires a later version of AndroidOS than what the Eris has? It's an older phone, after all, and can't run anything higher than Android 2.1 on its undersized processor. Poor slow phone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the app is written for Android 1.6... or was it 1.5... is your network otherwise working? I installed a power saving app which prevented my 3G connection from working, which didn't seem sensible to me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If it works at all, your version of Android should be sufficient. And search doesn't do anything different than anything else. I would expect syncing to break before searching. If you're not getting any kind of error message, I'm not sure I can help. Version 3.2 will be released in the next few weeks. Maybe something in the new version will magically fix it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost
Netherlands
Rosmalen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Logging the played games is really a nice features I use often, but it would be great if it was possible to view played games too!

Is this possible?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tjoek wrote:
Logging the played games is really a nice features I use often, but it would be great if it was possible to view played games too!

Is this possible?

I'm supposed to be working on that feature. I'm not really coping with the new IDE. In any case, it's coming.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 3.2 was uploaded over the weekend. It address a few requested features. Here are the release notes:

- NEW: Collection filtering
- NEW: View game comments with ratings
- MOD: Logging games
- - NEW: Add players
- - NEW: Options to hide fields by default (can be re-added)
- - NEW: Save Teams and Colors by game
- NEW: Long-click menu options
- BUG: Fixed crash when rotating while viewing Stats tab.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ccomeaux wrote:
- NEW: Collection filtering
That's an important feature for me. Before that I only synced "Want to Play" so the list is not too long -- even though I do not have many board games.
Now I sync Want To Play, Own and Wishlist.
Feature request: Only display the status values that have been synced when selecting the values to display. Currently other values show up in the selection list, too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HikariStarshine wrote:
Yeah, it's been doing it ever since I updated. I managed to get one good day of searching, then... nothing. I even tried deleting the program and reinstalling it yesterday.

I wonder if you're trying to do some kind of a system call that requires a later version of AndroidOS than what the Eris has? It's an older phone, after all, and can't run anything higher than Android 2.1 on its undersized processor. Poor slow phone. :(

I'm experiencing this as well with the newest version.
But here is the funny thing. If I search for Ad Astra, spinny forever. If I search for Astra, I get it in the results list right away.
If I search for Bootleggers, spinny. Search for Boot, it works fine.

I think it is because I disabled the "skip search results" and it only seems to be when I search for something that is unique. Hope it helps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [77] |