Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1921 Posts
[1]  Prev «  73 , 74 , 75 , 76 , 77  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: BoardGameGeek for Android App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: android [+] app [+] Android-App-BGG [+] BGG-APP [+] BGG_Geek_Tools [+] geektool [+] [View All]
Matthew Longest
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccomeaux wrote:
FreezenFire wrote:
Mattlong6 wrote:
My Geek buddies are not syncing: please reply.

In future, for better assistance in identifying your issue and resolving it, a little more detail helps tremendously.

For example, what have you tried so far? What did you do to create / recreate the issue? What version is installed?

In trying to help, I did a Settings - Resync GeekBuddies. It's been ten minutes so far, nothing appearing. Viewing sync status now shows that GeekBuddies were never synched. Version 6.6.1 installed.
I just pushed out a new version (6.6.2). I know I fixed one bug around buddies, so please let me know if your problem is fixed after upgrading. Thanks!

I know it has been awhile, but my GeekBuddies have synched now!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Felder
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't see it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Was able to side load it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ccomeaux wrote:
ronhatch wrote:
Matt Drown wrote:
ccomeaux wrote:
The app was suspended. I'm working to get it restored. Thanks for your patience.

I assume it was for this - https://www.xda-developers.com/google-play-app-updates-must-...
Probably something else, actually.

That would have only resulted in not being able to update the app, rather than removing the existing version from the store.
Correct. It's been suspended for "impersonation". Basically it uses the BGG logo without permission (at least as far as Google knows). The BGG team are a little busy with BGG.CON, so it might not be as quick of a fix as I had hoped. Thanks for everyone's patience.
Any news on this?

I'd rather avoid sideloading it if at all possible. Getting it back on Play means updates, switching phones etc will work normally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Felder
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I do have a suggestion. I would like to be able to access my subscriptions, and also able to comment on threads from the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestions: migrate this thread to a "guild", edit base post for current install location, and a feature request (bar code reader) Re: BoardGameGeek for Android App
Suggestion: deprecate this thread and replace it with a Guild...

I even just gave Chris (on base post of this thread) the 10GG for it's cost.

I would also suggest editing base post with the current install instructions.

Lastly a feature request... would be awesome if the BGG App could use the BardcodeDetector class

https://developers.google.com/android/reference/com/google/a...

and a way to let the user link a scanned bar code to a game in their collection (or if the bar code is already linked to bring up the collection record and/or load the BGG game page.

I'd make a stab at this myself but I haven't figured out yet how to after I've already git'ed the sources to point android studio to it and try a build.

Sorry if any of these suggestions/requests have already been asked. fwiw I did check the trello board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the suggestion to start a guild. That way we can have separate threads for new issues and feature requests and "Thank you!" comments, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

The guild sounds like a great idea. But surely it is a bit much to expect Chris to set up amd administer it himself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slimy_asparagus wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

The guild sounds like a great idea. But surely it is a bit much to expect Chris to set up and administer it himself?
I could do it but only the creator of the guild can do things like delete threads and replies if need be.

Administering is actually easier than a single thread... essentially a guild is simple an easy way to group multiple threads as a set. Users can much more easily see the FAQ instead of having same questions repeated over and over because no one is going to go through 77 pages of a single thread to find if their question was already asked and answered.

I personally did the same thing for the OLWLG... I went from the thread...

(obsolete thread, please use guild, see base post) Math Trade Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) - Discussion, Problem Report, etc thread

with 75 pages of replies to the guild

On-Line Want-List Generator (OLWLG), for Math Trades

where the longest thread is only 4 pages.

If Chris would like me though or anyone else to sanction me or someone else to create a guild for this BGG Android App that would be ok too but it is his creation so I don't want to go behind his back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in 2011 I created a guild for a local group I was running by forum.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/993

The creation is trivial, I think someone donated me the required 8gg because I was geekgoldless at the time!

After that it is very low maintenance. The 'More information' on the main page took the most effort but that can be as basic as you like and can easily be amended later (by the guild creator only AFAIK).

So if it is going to happen I'd suggest it is done by Chris to save hassle down the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
mbmbmbmbmb
The guild is here - BGG for Android!
Sorry it took so long; life has been crazier than normal.

If someone wants to update the More Information section with the current installation instructions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for everyone's support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ccomeaux wrote:
The guild is here - Board Game Night!

If someone wants to update the More Information section with the current installation instructions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for everyone's support!

Did you mean BGG for Android?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
ccomeaux wrote:

I strongly suspect he did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slimy_asparagus wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
ccomeaux wrote:

I strongly suspect he did.
Uh, I don't know what you're talking about. Please don't look at the edited time stamp on my post. ninja (Thanks for catching that!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey. New android phone, hoped to download the BGG app, can't find it, found this thread, realise there's been some difficulties, seems to suggest there might be a way to get it on my Sony, not having any luck, the living antithesis of all things techy, any help gratefully received!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chisel Wright
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian taylor wrote:
Hey. New android phone, hoped to download the BGG app, can't find it, found this thread, realise there's been some difficulties, seems to suggest there might be a way to get it on my Sony, not having any luck, the living antithesis of all things techy, any help gratefully received!

* Visit https://github.com/ccomeaux/boardgamegeek4android/releases
* Download app-release.apk for the most recent version

When downloaded try to just open it ... most Android phones will automatically open the package installer.

You might be prompted to change a security setting related to "unknown sources" - you do need to do this for installing APKs.

Just follow the prompts and you should be OK.

It is a bit weird that it's been so many months without a resolution. Shame as it's such a great app and having to guide people through these issues must be hurting the number of users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chizcw wrote:

When downloaded try to just open it ... most Android phones will automatically open the package installer.

You might be prompted to change a security setting related to "unknown sources" - you do need to do this for installing APKs.

Just make sure you re-enable the security settings, some phones will ask if you just want to do it once, which also works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
Install instructions fresh up on the BGG4A guild here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/31866360
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chizcw wrote:
It is a bit weird that it's been so many months without a resolution. Shame as it's such a great app and having to guide people through these issues must be hurting the number of users.

On the bright side, I've learned a few things as result:
1) following an old Play link after not finding an app in the store by doing a search will return a "not compatible with your device" error regardless of the actual problem

2) after seeing the error above, I discovered the BG Stats app. I'm here because I like there BGG app better for logging plays, but the stats part of BG Stats looks interesting.

3) Chrome on this new phone was already set to allow installations from unknown sources! gulp (I must've forgotten to turn that off)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
On the bright side, I've learned a few things as result...
fwiw this thread is kind of obsolete, replaced by the guild...

BGG for Android
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charl Chic
msg tools
mbmbmb
The first post in this big old thread needs to be updated. Please, please, please, just add a big headline at the top of first post that this thread is obsolete, and then give a link to the guild. Please, please, please. This will add a little bit more order to your and our world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaligula wrote:
The first post in this big old thread needs to be updated. Please, please, please, just add a big headline at the top of first post that this thread is obsolete, and then give a link to the guild. Please, please, please. This will add a little bit more order to your and our world.
Good suggestion. Done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  73 , 74 , 75 , 76 , 77  |