Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: FEAT OF DARING Award Ceremony rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Three days ago I, Joe Gola, offered one geekgold for the answer to a trivia question and in addition held forth to the first correct respondent the possibility of earning up to four more gold for the satisfactory execution of a mysterious FEAT OF DARING of my own design. Bold and resourceful Tom Jukic of Ohio not only solved the riddle but courageously agreed to undertake the associated challenge despite the clear danger of irreperable harm to social standing and mental health.

The following day there appeared on Boardgamegeek a certain "Geeklist A-Go-Go" (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi... ), and to say that Tom successfully acquitted himself of his charge would be a vile and cowardly understatement. Not only did Mr. Jukic do honor to the letter of the FEAT OF DARING, he created a masterpiece of postmodern literature, artfully blending fact and fiction and inspiring the framework of the deranged geeklist spec with his own genius and craft. Tom's Jukic's "Geeklist A-Go-Go" is a triumph of the human spirit, and, like all great works of art, it tells us who we are, it tells us where we have been, and it shines a light into our souls and reminds us what it means to be alive.

For his resoluteness of purpose, for his artful skill in the geeklist medium, for his reckless disregard for standards of social behavior and pathological lack of good common sense, I bestow upon Tom Jukic of Ohio the highest mark, four of four, and a corresponding amount of geekgold. In addition, I award him with one bonus GG for a certain intangible quality, a particular je ne sais quoi that pervades his writing and personal outlook and which for a lack of a more fitting term I will only describe as a near-miraculous excess of flammo.

On behalf of the jury, the trustees and the greater populace of Boardgamegeek, I salute Tom Jukic. Game on, gentle sir, game on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Congratulations!
As promised, I match the above award and gift Tom with 5 GG for the little feat of insanity. No, not the Geeklist, for taking on Gola. Now that's insane. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Joe Gola for the wonderful compliment. I wish I could take all the credit, but my hat is actually off to you sir! You provided the incentive initially, but it was your inspiration that truly drove me to efforts beyond my means. It was only within your guidelines that I could have provided such a work.

Also, I cannot thank you and Richard enough for the Geekgold. Your generosity has now provided this humble man with the means to obtain my grail, a BGG avatar. I salute you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hear, hear!
Flammo, indeed, my good man.

Flammo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Hear! Hear!
(or is it Here! Here!)
(or Heer! Heer!)

You've got the gold now, boy. Pony up with that avatar. Let's see it. Whip it out.

-goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as stated Nate Sandall (Cavedog_pdx) has now gifted me with an additional 5 GG. Truly, my cup runneth over! Thank you Nate!

Goo,

I'm working on my avatar. But, I'm either to tired or stupid, because whenever I upload a pic, it does not update in my profile. So, I apologize for inconvenience the delay may cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Geek Gold Match
I too said I would match the GG if the feat was accomplished.

So, here y'are... OOOOO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Simon! I truly appreciate. You have now placed me well on my way to obtaining my Geekbadge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the benefit of generations yet unborn, that once they are born discover this Ceremony, here's a link to the thread where Gola laid down the challenge:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/54344

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.