Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: 7 Ages, can you fans help? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
This game claims it lasts 120 minutes. But a lot of comments say "LOOOONG Playing time"

Does this game usually take much longer than 2 hours? Does it play well with 2 players? And how long does a game usally last? Thanks again geeks.

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing time
In my experience it takes around 2 hours per age with 4 or 5 players. So we normally play a two age game which is more than enough for us.

Don't know how well it playes with 2, I'd try to get at least 3 players though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, I should say at least 2 hours per age, sometimes it takes way longer depending on number of conflicts and such. That combat system is so bad that it brings tears to my eyes. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
The combat system isn't that bad. It is a bid fiddly, but it can make for some interesting decisions in large battles. The problem is that big combats can really slow the game down. But many battles can be resolved even without drawing a card, when one side clearly outclasses another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Christiansen
Denmark
Aalborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 players
It plays rather well with two players, and is a much different game as it increases the time (or rather turns) it takes to develop your empires.

I found it to be a very good 2 player game, but prefer to play with 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.