Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Zip-lok bags, HELP!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I've never seen a flying hogfish. I saw one gliding once, but never flying, not actually flying.
United Kingdom
Tyne & Wear
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a large number of zip-lok bags in the UK? I've tried looking on search engines, but can't turn anything up.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure if this helps, but check office supply stores. For example, Office Depot sells small zip lock bags, and they have stores in the UK. They have a UK web site, at least, but you can't buy anything from it. Here is what the items are called on the US web site and their US prices:

$14.18
2-Mil Reclosable Poly Zip Bags, 2" x 2", Box Of 1,000

$16.40
2-Mil Reclosable Poly Zip Bags, 1.5" x 2", Box Of 1,000

Hope this helps you find what you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander King
United States
Alvin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ziplock baggies
Here in the US (at least me) one of the places to get "bit sized" baggies is the local head shop. They have baggies from the tiniest to a decent size. a couple bucks a gross.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Skillern
United Kingdom
Worcester
flag msg tools
I got mine from a local engineering company they gave me loads for a small donation to charity (CLIC). They only threw them away. Any manufacturing factory probable has them for small screws and bolts etc.

Good Luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Elbl
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is into crafts, and I have found that craft stores tend to have things that work really nice for gaming:

Baggies for beads (game pieces)
NICE brushes for painting
Decent primers
beads / pieces that are handy for counters
etc.

I haven't been in enough craft stores to know where in the heck these things tend to usually be, but they DO tend to show up with regularity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a large number of zip-lok bags in the UK? I've tried looking on search engines, but can't turn anything up.

Any suggestions?

A google on this subject, while fruitless, reveals this add:

Discount Sandwich Bags
New & used selection. aff
Sandwich Bags for sale.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

YAY! USED SANDWICH BAGS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Corrales
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Careful with those baggies
I finally got around to selling some old games on eBay. A few days later our home health nurse came for an appointment with my son. After she left, my wife realized that I had left a scale and plastic baggies in sight.

We're still waiting for Child Protective Services to show up. "But it was boardgames, honest!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dollar stores...
I don't know if they have these stores in your parts, but Dollar stores have tonnes of these things and they ar cheap! All sorts of sizes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how many you need...
...But Rymans, the stationers sell them in various sizes. I tend to buy batches of 100, but its probably expensive if you're after a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S W E E T !
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Excuse me for pimping the evil empire, but if you have a WalMart in the UK, they might have 100 3 x 5 inch plastic bags for about, oh, a pound or so.

(I'm just guessing about the pound. I just know they're $1.47 in West Lafayette, IN, USA.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary James
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zip lok bags
I'm in the UK and I bought myself a couple of hundred on Ebay for about £4. All of the mainstream online sellers wanted to sell far too many in one order.

Search Ebay on grip seal poly bags.

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hamilton
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!
badge
Ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to sponge coin bags off the banks all the time for free. (They'll usually just give you a few if you ask.) More recently I've not bothered as zip-lock sandwich bags at the supermarket are now just as good, available in a variety of sizes and dirt-cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Case
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sucker Bags
For Christmas I was given ziploc bags for suckers from our bulk store. They can hold 15 roads, 4 cities and 5 settlements

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treacherous Cretin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try E4M ( I think ?? ) If not then search through Lesuire Games site for DICE etc and eventually you will arrive at a site ( big bulk £100+ orders only ) that directs you to another site where you can small order. I have done so ( for dice, very good service they do bags as well )
Other than that try stationnary shops. I have a local one that sells 100 bags for 99p and up with lots of sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
United States
Addison
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ace is the Place
I found all sizes (from 1"x1" on up) at my friendly neighboorhood Ace Hardware. They were hard to locate, so you may have to ask for help. Of course that was easy enough as everyone is greeted at arrival and asked if they need assistance. However if you ask for locations to large trash cans and human sized zip locks, you might end up being followed through the store by the managers and 2 large guys who help with the really heavy stuff in back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.