Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Traveling to L.A. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out I'll be in Los Angeles from January 19-29th. I work outside and can't work in the dark so that gives me most nights free.

Is anyone willing to put up with a roaming traveler for a game night or does anyone have advice about game stores? I'm not sure where I am staying since I will be working all over the city area. I might very well stay in a few different locations over the 11 days.

References availible upon request

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
mb
You picked a good time
I hear there is some huge annual gaming day on Jan. 22 in Burbank, CA. That's about 20 minutes from downtown L.A. I don't know much about it and I'm not sure if I can make it myself, but I have heard about it.

Maybe someone will post some info about it here.

-goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Day
That is great news!
I think I'm supposed to work on Saturday too but I can probably bust my butt the other days and get to spend most of the day there. If they let me in.

www.socalgamesday.com

Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SoCal Games Day 19
Great news, Brent! Don't worry, we'll let you in... The only time we've ever turned anyone away was when a group showed up at our previous location and we simply didn't have space for them! Fortunately, our new space (the Burbank Moose Lodge) is two-stories and has plenty of room to accomodate a good number of gamers. We've had between 70 and 90 in the past few Games Days...

Anyway, glad you found our site (www.socalgamesday.com) and if you have ANY questions, feel free to post here, E-mail me or post in our Yahoo Group.

See you next Saturday (I hope!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky you
When I lived in LA I used to go to this event all the time. They are a great bunch of people, you will have a fun time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
Quote:
Great news, Brent! Don't worry, we'll let you in... The only time we've ever turned anyone away was when a group showed up at our previous location and we simply didn't have space for them! Fortunately, our new space (the Burbank Moose Lodge) is two-stories and has plenty of room to accomodate a good number of gamers. We've had between 70 and 90 in the past few Games Days...

Contrary to reports, they don't eat their visitors.

It's a great bunch of gamers and I had a great time at the two I attended. I had hoped to make it this month, but I won't be able to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
If you let Bobby in...
Thank you for the posts and private messages. SoCalGamesDay will definitely brighten up what was to be a bad trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.