Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: German Games to Get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Faehnle
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My roommate is in Germany. He's picking up a copy of Die Macher for me, and he asked if there's anything else I want. Any great games that can only be found in Germany that I should have him bring back to the states?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallenstein. He could pick one up for me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Parker
Canada
Cobble Hill
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glad to hear your getting your copy of Die Macher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and Fabrik Der Traume aka Traumfabrik.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Splotter
Quote:
My roommate is in Germany. He's picking up a copy of Die Macher for me, and he asked if there's anything else I want. Any great games that can only be found in Germany that I should have him bring back to the states?

Antiquity, Roads and Boats (if he can find it) and Bus. All by Splotter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Leach
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallenstein
for sure, Roads and Boats too, if he can find one. Traumfabrik seems cool too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Neuland without a doubt. Reef Encounter if he can find a copy. Antiquity is proabably a safe bet, as is (older) Dune.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traumfabrik should be relatively cheap over in Germany so it's a definite must-get. Same with Die Macher if he can find it. There's a new Siedler von Catan Gold edition that just came out that might be worth considering. Einfach Genial is pure fun and I highly recommend that too!

And of course any hard to find Aleas - Ra, Chinatown, Tadsch Mahal would be good, and Adel Verpflichtet could be had relatively cheaply too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Andrews
United States
Birmingham
Michigan
flag msg tools
Bus
To David's point above, Bus is fairly small and cheap...Roads & Boats and Antiquity are not. It'd be awesome to get all of those, but if you are limited in funds, don't overlook Bus. My sister and brother in law picked one up for me while in Amsterdam and we played it last week for the first time. What a novel little game!

A quick story: the rules are well written, but are clearly translated by someone who has English as a second language. The game says 2-3 hours playing time on the side of the box. Looking over reviews of the game, I never imagined it would take that long to play, so I let the game sit for awhile because I didn't have 2 or 3 hours to play it. When we finally dug in last weekend, waking up early on a Saturday to play, we found that 2-3 hours really meant 2/3 of an hour...wow!...so we played Oasis also, and still finished with more time than we allotted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
The cream of Adlung:

Meuterer
Verrater
Im Auftrag des Konigs

Each of them really, really cheap. (US$5-6 I would guess.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope he took a lot of empty suitcases!
Have him bring me a copy of Taj Mahal ("Tadsch Mahal" in German). It's much cheaper in Germany.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Carlos de Diego
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carolus Magnus
Capitol
San Marco
San Francisco
Rheinländer

All very cheap in Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.