Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started the evening with a two-player (is there any other way?) game of Street Soccer with Jeff. I taught him how to play this game and he picked it up really well. The typical instinct of a person playing for the first time is to just go after the ball every time. Jeff was able to show patience and a good sense of field awareness to make for a well fought game. The conditions to start the game were less than ideal. A heavy downpour slowed down the ball and the players in the early going. We both started by sending two forwards into our opponent's side. Having the kickoff I was able to attack first but with the poor conditions couldn't make much headway. Neither of us could move the ball well with all of the rain and it looked like it was going to be a game of inches. The ball got trapped in one of his corners landing in the biggest puddle on the field. My right side defender ran down on the attack to help dig the ball out. After quite a bit of mudmaking Jeff was finally able to clear the ball to the other side of the field. My right forward had been edging closer to the action and was caught out of position. Jeff moved the ball quickly down the sideline to his forwards. Unfortunately for him his two forwards were ineffective against my defenders and the weather. Neither of us could score in the first half. At this point the sun came out started to dry out the field a little. The second half was much more active. Jeff kept the ball in my half for a while trying to find a weak spot in the defensive armor. He almost had a goal but for an outstanding save from my goalie. Finally my goalie was able to scoop the ball up and boot it the other goal. That kick was huge and would have probably struck the roof it we had been playing indoors. Jeff's goalie got the ball and cleared to the side. Again it was the side with the huge puddle, now full of mud. The ball bogged down slightly and neither of us could gain advantage. Finally my defender who had rushed up and stayed up was able to connect and send the ball crossfield to my left wing who stayed in postion this time. He had no defender on him and could get a good foot on the ball. From 35 yards he made a beautiful curving shot that went just past the goalie and into the top opposite corner of the goal. GOOOAAALL! That's one shot for the highlight films. With only five minutes to play Jeff needed some offense. He got the ball upfield with no problem but his forwards once more had difficulty getting a good shot on goal. With time winding down my defenders were able to keep his players off of the ball and keep him scoreless. Final score 1-0. Clean sheet for the orange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.