Thumb up
1 Posts

Dominion: Seaside» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Black Market for the Win?!?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Martin
flag msg tools
Jay and I sat down today for our second Dominion Intrigue/Seaside session in two days! I recently acquired Seaside, often said to be the best expansion to Dominion, so we were eager to dive in! (yuck, yuck!)

Game one had a strange mix with Pearl diver, Baron, Wishing Well, Light House, Steward, Black market, Shanty Town, Iron Works, Saboteur, Cut Purse.

Jay started on a strange money-less action deck built around Baron, Stewart, and Shanty Town. I invested heavily in Black Market, originally intending to build a Shantytown/Steward deck. Then, I played a black market, and drew tactician. That changed everything!

I decided to call an audible switching to a money deck, buying province after province, including our first ever two-province in one turn buy (SO gratifying!) by exploiting my three black market buys:

Ambassador, Tactician, Merchant Ship.

Jay went for the black market as well, and hit Bridge, Pawn, and something else I can't recall. He was going through his deck just about every turn with his crazy action card chains, but he had trouble getting his buying power up high enough to get "over the hump", and for the first time ever, I bought ALL 8 provinces!

it's interesting how a card we thought little of as recently as 4-5 games ago in Steward became a top tier card. I think we are growing into Dominion just fine, and I can't wait to dive into Alchemy, which I just bought recently!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.